Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked it up yesterday and i have a few questions.

i have been told by the salesman it is an april 04 2.2dci sve
and the v5 says it is a 2.2 diesel.
it has 6 forward gears (and 1 backward gear), leather interior. heated seats, electric seats, electric wing mirrors (folding as well), sunroof, infact it has all the bells and whistles and i really like it

but

the free 7 day cover the garage gave me so they could tax it for me had the car on their system as a 2.0 petrol S automatic......
strange i thought.
my own insurance company said the same as the freebie 7 day cover.

i told the garage this and they did some checking and were told by nissan uk that it is an sve but one of the first ones into the uk of this type (in europe it was known as an elegance). anybody else come across this?

·
Registered
60 Posts
The spec sounds like an SVE, but I'd be a bit worried that a manual deisel car is showing as a petrol auto on the insurance database. If the DVLA paperwork is right though, then I guess there isnt much you can do about it, just dont insure it through the numberplate I guess.

·
Registered
115 Posts
that sounds incredibly dodgy...I get the reg number and chassis number married before all hell goes loose just incase its not what you think it is ???

Rob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it has all been checked out.

when i spoke to the insurance company they just said that these mistakes do happen.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i advised the DVLA of my worries and they confirmed that the car i now own is the car i was sold (if that sounds right)
aparently and i quote them here
"I can advise that insurance companies do not receive data directly from the DVLA"

and also
"I can confirm that the DVLA does hold correct details of your vehicle (Nissan X-Trail, diesel). Data selling agents who receive data from DVLA have been asked to correct any inaccuracies to their record. Therefore, if you contact the insurance company involved, they will confirm the correct details with their supplier"

quite interesting because i thought that insurance companies got their info direct from the DVLA.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Its the DVLA database, but the DVLA sell it onto a selling agent, who then sells it on again to whoever wants to buy it, probably cos the DVLA cant be assed to sort out selling to people. I think the police have direct acsess to it, bit not insurance companies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts