Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My other car is a R56 Mini Cooper D.

This is a picture of the car when I was collecting from the dealers. Had a few mods since then
really need to take some new pics.

G

·
Here's my X-trail and my other car, a Freelander.

The Freelander needed a new clutch master and slave cylinders. Fitted them today, took 25 minutes from start to finish.
Cylinders come complete with pipework prefilled with fluid at a cost of £55.41 inc VAT and carriage. Pull off two clips, then untangle the pipes out of the other bits under the bonnet. No bleeding or adjustments of any kind.

I wish all cars were like that.

Roger.

Attachments

G

·
Hi all

It's bye bye to my X-Trail, hello to a Pathfinder.

The X-Trail, good as it was, couldn't tow what I wanted to tow while keeping within the recommended trailer weight of 85% of the towing vehicle's weight. In fact, I was towing a caravan which was 105% of the X-Trail's weight. Not at all safe, so a heavier car was indicated, hence the change.

For anyone who is not aware of this recommended safety limit, take the unladen weight of the towing vehicle (approx 1600kg for the X-Trail) and find 85% of that (1360kg). Although the X-Trail can tow 2000kg according to the manufacturers, it should not tow a high sided caravan with a fully laden weight of more than approx 1360kg. My caravan weighed more than the X-Trail, hence the change. Look on the Caravan Club's website for full details.

So, the end of an era. Still, the Pathfinder is similar to the X-Trail, rather like its bigger brother but without intercooler and turbo problems. I hope!

Roger

·
Registered
17 Posts
My other car is a 1992 998cc. micra, shed on wheels body style. Bought it at 12mnths. old 90000 on the clock.No problems so far!other than tyres exhausts ect. serviced by myself no corrosion. I can leave it at remote places in cumbria without worrying its going to get broken into and take it to the supermarket without worrying it gets bashed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts