Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took some photos earlier before the weather started to turn yuk! Still didnt manage to get a good photo of it completely clean :headbang: But then again I love getting in the mud and puddles so it won't stay like this for long.

Nothing much at the moment but slowly building up the wishlist of things to get :biggrin:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi jme.73..

I like the chrome number plate surrounds..subtle without too much bling.. :thumbs:
Were they already on? If not where did you get them from?

Regards
akastiggy

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ibster said:
At least your getting a bonnet guard LOL :headbang:
LOL - But its down at the Post Office sitting all on its lonesome and not on my X-Trail :headbang:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
akastiggy said:
Hi jme.73..

I like the chrome number plate surrounds..subtle without too much bling.. :thumbs:
Were they already on? If not where did you get them from?

Regards
akastiggy
Thanks akastiggy, no I got them off ebay after some thieving low life stole the front number plate and original surround. I wasnt too bothered about the surround as it just had the name of the company I got the X-Trail from. So I replaced the front and back plates and surrounds in one go.

Here is the link on ebay if you want a look
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Chrome-Number-pla ... 240%3A1318

Jamie

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picked up my Bonnet Guard yesterday and fitted them last night. Couldn't get a good picture so had to wait till I finished work today. Fitted really well, thanks rangermastiffs :thumbs:

Just don't let ibster see this post :whistle: lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great look forward to seeing them. Saw your stickers on the other thread and the guard would of covered the one on the bonnet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
jme.73 said:
Picked up my Bonnet Guard yesterday and fitted them last night. Couldn't get a good picture so had to wait till I finished work today. Fitted really well, thanks rangermastiffs :thumbs:
Where did you get your bonnet guard from? it looks greeeat.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Southdowner said:
jme.73 said:
Where did you get your bonnet guard from? it looks greeeat.
Hi Stephen,
Thanks for the comment. I got them from here, rangermastiffs was selling some bits off his X-Trail, viewtopic.php?f=31&t=339.

I wanted the Australian style one rather than the ones I have seen for sale on some sites as they are a bit to big and slope over the headlights.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haven't posted any updates of what I have done to my Xtrail lately so here goes.
Added some graphics I got from the 4x4 show recently

Back

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Front

I have got some more plans for the sides, just working on some designs to give to the vinyl cutters

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Changed the white door lights for red leds and added some red "submarine" lights to light the gear lever and handbrake area at night, will try and take some night pictures when I remember too take my camera out at night

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got the spray paint out and decided to attack the kick panels on the door sills which were looking a little worn out and wouldn't get clean. So I prepped them, plastic primed and sprayed them black. Got photos of just the back, but have done the fronts as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jamie,
Your door sills look brand spanking... :bow:
Did you take them off to do it and what did you use? Mine r looking a little battered :oops:

Cheers

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Marty.

They just pull off like a lot of the panels on the Xtrail, get your fingers under one end and pull up, or use a covered flat bladed screwdriver to pry up.
I washed them off with mild washing up liquid, rubbed over with methylated spirits to get rid of any grease and oil. then added a couple of coats of plastic primer, then about 4 coats of matt black. I did think about adding a coat of lacquer but I didn't want the glossy shiny look, hence the matt black.

Jamie

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A couple of updates that I promised
First the front kickpanel, same as the back but a bit more scuffed

Then the 'submarine' lights in the dark, sorry not able to get a good clear shot to show the effect properly

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mudflaps were also a bit worn so rubbed them down and painted them as well. Went a bit more for the Dakar look and painted them red, this also matches the red recovery points I did a while ago.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cheers. The door sills look suuuperb!! :thumbs: will have a blast at doing mine when I get back from my 1st little jaunt in the xy :biggrin:

·
Registered
85 Posts
looks wicked not sure about the mud flaps though each to there own though

Im looking into doing something with my door seals maybe even getting the light up ons from Oz

1 - 20 of 21 Posts