Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys new to the forum, so first hello.
Ok here is the problem that I hope that some of you knowledgeable types can help me with. Its a 51 plate 2.2 diesel sport with just over a 100K on the clock
Between 2 and 3,000 (ish) revs the engine stutters badly-really quite violently . This lasts for anything from a second upwards, however if you can push through this, it runs fine at higher revs. Initially it was mild and occasional. So I took it for a thrash, and following this worked OK as normal for a day. However the symptoms returned and got progressively worse. I tried cleaning the EGR as described on another thread on here, but it actually seemed to get worse. Tried disconnecting the EGR electrically which initially seemed to improve things( although seemed lower powered.) however my wife reports that it soon deteriorated back to how it was ( I am currently working 400 miles away). The car was serviced a month before the problems began with all filters replaced and has not been run particularly low on fuel. It is currently in the garage, where they apparently haven't got a clue whats wrong with it. So any one got any ideas? please( my bank balance can't withstand a prolonged garage investigation!

Also the EGR is the top bit just a sensor?

Cheers Phil

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the suggestion Ethan, I have just heard from the wife(as I am still away) it was apparently a duff fuel filter fitted at the service-nice!
Its a bu**er when You can't trust new parts!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.