Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Scottie said:
Looks good how are you find the side bars I have been thinking about the bars that have puddle lights in them. :cool:
To be honest I bought them for the appearance only, but having three youg kids I find they use the rear steps all the time so that's a bonus.
They have been on the car since new and are holding up quite well, I just wash and polish them when needs be, no special treatment required.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crazyhazy said:
Did you have the Grey sump guard fitted? Or was it already on when you bought the car?
Hi

The sump guard was fitted about 3 months after purchasing the car from new, I fitted it myself after a freakish incident driving in France, just after joining the A16 motorway near Abberville a wheel trim flew off a car ahead, rose about 50 feet into the air before falling like a guided missile, and slamming into the area now covered by the sump guard!
I had quotes to repair the damage which were all about £250, fortunatly the sump guard covered all the damaged area and was only about £100 inc vat (in 2004), its a genuine Nissan X-Trail accessorie that was an option at time of purchase, easy to fit, two front bumper locating bolts hold it in place on the bottom of the bumper and a self adhesive strip on the top, took no more than 5 minutes to fit.

If your interested in one the part no. was: KE540-EQ022, its called a Front Styling Plate.
If its not apparent from the picture, it is only made from plastic, but is still in as good as new condition even after 4 years, I've been really pleased with though, plus it saved me £150!!

G

·
Not the foggiest then, I did remove the message last night, it's been sitting in my outbox for a few week now, I think Scottie or Ibster are looking into it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts