Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit of a follow up from my wheel wobble a month ago or so ... turned out to be siezed front brake caliper ... i stripped the best i could and cleaned/released it ... BUT has started sticking again SO i'm going to replace the caliper ... i've been quoted £90+vat for a new caliper which seems good to me what you's think? ... considering nissan want £360 ... Milners wanted £115+vat

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
K1LVY said:
Bit of a follow up from my wheel wobble a month ago or so ... turned out to be siezed front brake caliper ... i stripped the best i could and cleaned/released it ... BUT has started sticking again SO i'm going to replace the caliper ... i've been quoted £90+vat for a new caliper which seems good to me what you's think? ... considering nissan want £360 ... Milners wanted £115+vat
Good price that :thumbs:

·
Registered
3 Posts
This seems to be quite a common problem with the X Trail. Just had both of my front callipers replaced by a local garage, not my Nissan dealer.
Nissan Dealer wanted £300 plus fitting plus V.A.T. for each calliper. Local garage charged me just under £300 for both callipers (Inc fitting and V.A.T.)

Bernard.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not too bad then ... i've got new caliper cost me about £107 inc vat and al fit it myself so that saves me on the fitting fee! :thumbs:

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Rover said:
Chaps, make sure you check that the sticking caliper hasnt warped the brake disc.

Mine did and I needed a set of discs. :bigcry:
Yeah have been thinking about this tbh ... will have to wait and see! :confused: :x

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well i eventually got round to fitting my new caliper tonight ... half an hour and bob's ya uncle!!!!! :biggrin: ... been out and test drove it naaaa probs ... will see what its like on longer journey on way to work tomorrow :thumbs:

·
Registered
19 Posts
K1LVY said:
I had a similar problem over the last month or so, kept coming and going, usually after 10-15 miles of driving. Now that the weather has "warmed" up a bit, problem has disappeared!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bigshuguk said:
K1LVY said:
I had a similar problem over the last month or so, kept coming and going, usually after 10-15 miles of driving. Now that the weather has "warmed" up a bit, problem has disappeared!
Might be worth just giving the pistons a quick clean ... also i used to have two fronteras lol and also seen the light lol ... mind saying that i wouldn't mind a swb 2.8 for a play toy! :thumbs:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.