Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Just registered, hope to get advice on current problem.
Clonking from rear left prompted inspection of joints and bushes in that corner of vehicle (2005 2.2Dci se, 52000 from new).
Found excessive play(5mm+) between shaft, which was held static, and housing of inner joint, indicating worn or collapsed tripoid bearing. Moving joint housing joint relative to differential appears to be indicating excessive movement and possible wear to diff bearing as well. Have contacted Nissan GB and made complaint as this sort of wear unusual at this mileage- awaiting reply!

If they will not help, will replace joint myself, but apart from Nissan spares can anyone suggest supplier?

To date have replaced both siezed front calipers and discs at about 35,000 miles, had turbo replaced at 48,0000 post warranty but in good faith by NIssan, and warranty replacement of intercooler having found oil leak myself at I think 40,000.
Rear roll bar links and bushes and other little problems, but love the car which is used as family transport and is a essential in current cold weather!

ARP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for suggestion tried Milners(mentioned forum), got very nice reply, but they cannot supply part. I am presently in negotiation with nissan uk who may replace with goodwill, will post out come.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
ARP said:
Thanks for suggestion tried Milners(mentioned forum), got very nice reply, but they cannot supply part. I am presently in negotiation with nissan uk who may replace with goodwill, will post out come.
Sorry they couldn't help you out this time.I've bought a few things from milners and have found that the parts seem to be genuine parts.Hope Nissan keep to their word and everythings OK. :thumbs:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.