Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm currently experiencing a stop/start system issue with my T32 Tekna Diesel (2015), the warning message has been showing on and off for a couple of weeks, but is now permanently on.

I'm planning on taking some readings from the battery at the weekend, and if the results are poor I'll probably just go out and buy a new battery.

So two questions...

1. Any advice on how best to check the battery, I do have a vault meter handy.

2. When changing the battery is it a straight swap, or do I need to go to a dealer to have something re-programmed?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dylan

·
Super Moderator
3,186 Posts
There are rumours that Nissan had faulty lot of batteries installed along the entire fleet. Some say that the "smart charging" system does not charge tha battery enough and with time it goes bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,
Well as the car is almost 5years old and out of warranty, I doubt that Nissan will change it.

So, if I go buy a new battery, can I just swap it out or do I need to do anything special?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi,
I had the same problem with my Tekna, I replaced the battery with an AGM battery from Ebay for about £80. It lasted about 9 months. My car started giving all sorts of fault notices (stop start faulty and numerous others). I checked the battery with a battery tester which I bought for about £8 and it was reading Faulty Battery. I went to a local auto electrician and he condemned the battery. I replaced it again with a new Exide battery with a higher specification and 5 year warranty. They paired it to the car using something like a laptop device and all my battery issues have gone away.
Regards
Alan Fox

·
Super Moderator
3,186 Posts
The Service manual does not say anything about pairing the battery. Just that the power window and tailgate autoclose function has to relearn. And check all modules for error codes and delete them.

HOW TO DISCONNECT 12V BATTERY TERMINAL
Disconnect 12V battery terminal according to Instruction 1 or Instruction 2 described below.
For vehicles parked by ignition switch OFF, refer to Instruction 2.
INSTRUCTION 1
1. Open the hood.
SEF289H
PCS-4
< PRECAUTION > [IPDM E/R]
PRECAUTIONS
2. Turn key switch to the OFF position with the driver side door opened.
3. Get out of the vehicle and close the driver side door.
4. Wait at least 3 minutes. For vehicle with the engine listed below, remove the battery terminal after a lapse
of the specified time.
CAUTION:
While waiting, never operate the vehicle such as locking, opening, and closing doors. Violation of
this caution results in the activation of ACC power supply according to the Auto ACC function.
5. Remove 12V battery terminal.
CAUTION:
After installing 12V battery, always check self-diagnosis results of all ECUs and erase DTC.

INSTRUCTION 2 (FOR VEHICLES PARKED BY IGNITION SWITCH OFF)
1. Unlock the door with intelligent key or remote keyless entry.
NOTE:
At this moment, ACC power is supplied.
2. Open the driver side door.
3. Open the hood.
4. Close the driver side door.
5. Wait at least 3 minutes.
CAUTION:
While waiting, never operate the vehicle such as locking, opening, and closing doors. Violation of
this caution results in the activation of ACC power supply according to the Auto ACC function.
6. Remove 12V battery terminal.
CAUTION:
After installing 12V battery, always check self-diagnosis results of all ECUs and erase DTC.

Still There is a counter that reads something and it has to be cleared.

CUMULATIVE BATTERY DISCHARGE CURRENT CLEAR
Description INFOID:0000000011009276
CUMULATIVE BATTERY DISCHARGE CURRENT CLEAR is an operation to clear the cumulative value of
battery discharge current which is memorized in IPDM E/R. This operation is necessary after replaced the battery.
Work Procedure INFOID:0000000011009277
1.CLEAR CUMULATIVE BATTERY DISCHARGE CURRENT VALUE
1. Turn ignition switch ON.
2. Select "CML B/DCHRG CRNT CLEAR" in "Work Support" mode of "IPDM E/R" using CONSULT.
3. Touch "CLEAR" to clear the cumulative value of battery discharge current.
>> WORK END

My theory is that when removing the battery and connecting the cars pos and neg lead together, it sets all modules to theyr basic values.
Sorted that way wife's 8 gen civic rain sesnor problem after getting it back from body repair shop. It wiped almost all the time with no rain.
Did the same way, disconnected both leads from the battery, hold them together about 20 sec and reconnected the leads. Rain sensor worked again.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The Service manual does not say anything about pairing the battery. Just that the power window and tailgate autoclose function has to relearn. And check all modules for error codes and delete them.

HOW TO DISCONNECT 12V BATTERY TERMINAL
Disconnect 12V battery terminal according to Instruction 1 or Instruction 2 described below.
For vehicles parked by ignition switch OFF, refer to Instruction 2.
INSTRUCTION 1
1. Open the hood.
SEF289H
PCS-4
< PRECAUTION > [IPDM E/R]
PRECAUTIONS
2. Turn key switch to the OFF position with the driver side door opened.
3. Get out of the vehicle and close the driver side door.
4. Wait at least 3 minutes. For vehicle with the engine listed below, remove the battery terminal after a lapse
of the specified time.
CAUTION:
5. Remove 12V battery terminal.
CAUTION:

INSTRUCTION 2 (FOR VEHICLES PARKED BY IGNITION SWITCH OFF)
1. Unlock the door with intelligent key or remote keyless entry.
NOTE:
At this moment, ACC power is supplied.
2. Open the driver side door.
3. Open the hood.
4. Close the driver side door.
5. Wait at least 3 minutes.
CAUTION:
6. Remove 12V battery terminal.
CAUTION:

Still There is a counter that reads something and it has to be cleared.

CUMULATIVE BATTERY DISCHARGE CURRENT CLEAR
Description INFOID:0000000011009276
CUMULATIVE BATTERY DISCHARGE CURRENT CLEAR is an operation to clear the cumulative value of
battery discharge current which is memorized in IPDM E/R. This operation is necessary after replaced the battery.
Work Procedure INFOID:0000000011009277
1.CLEAR CUMULATIVE BATTERY DISCHARGE CURRENT VALUE
1. Turn ignition switch ON.
2. Select "CML B/DCHRG CRNT CLEAR" in "Work Support" mode of "IPDM E/R" using CONSULT.
3. Touch "CLEAR" to clear the cumulative value of battery discharge current.
> WORK END
My theory is that when removing the battery and connecting the cars pos and neg lead together, it sets all modules to theyr basic values.
Sorted that way wife's 8 gen civic rain sesnor problem after getting it back from body repair shop. It wiped almost all the time with no rain.
Did the same way, disconnected both leads from the battery, hold them together about 20 sec and reconnected the leads. Rain sensor worked again.
What is the source of this information? If its a service manual, do you have a link to where I could also get one, please?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.