Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Just about to get my first x-trail '03 model 2.0 sport anything i should be aware of? will come with new mot and service etc has a full service history. loved my test drive in it but just was a little disappointed with the wind noise with the huge sunroof open, Is there a deflector?
any advise welcome thanks
Nic

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As the owner of an X-trail Ti in Australia: I suggest you consider getting a descent set of lights, those on the X-Trail are OK for city and motorway driving, but not for rural unlit areas. The nudge bar is fine for nudging, in Australia I fitted a 'Roo Bar with Wombat catcher - can't see you'll have a great need for one of those though :biggrin:

I would suggest that you look closely at posts on loss of power from the CVT as well. At the moment mine is in a Nissan workshop whilst they try to figure out what is going on. I have read of several others on other forums with a similar problem.

Chris
Cairns
Far Northern Queensland
Australia

·
Registered
31 Posts
CVT problems are mostly with the T31 model... you have a later Xey... not to be overly concern at this time... there is a guy that had over 700,000km on his ( I think it was around your year) and not have any major problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My T31 Ti is currently having a new transmission fitted under warranty. I gather from others in Australia that the new units coming from Nissan have had the problems with the materials addressed.

Chris

·
Registered
53 Posts
ChrisH1 said:
As the owner of an X-trail Ti in Australia: I suggest you consider getting a descent set of lights, those on the X-Trail are OK for city and motorway driving, but not for rural unlit areas. The nudge bar is fine for nudging, in Australia I fitted a 'Roo Bar with Wombat catcher - can't see you'll have a great need for one of those though :biggrin:

I would suggest that you look closely at posts on loss of power from the CVT as well. At the moment mine is in a Nissan workshop whilst they try to figure out what is going on. I have read of several others on other forums with a similar problem.

Chris
Cairns
Far Northern Queensland
Australia
Roo Bar and Wombat Catcher?????? you've got to post a picture of that up here!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts