Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just joined the forum.. I have a 2012 platinum model… 120,000 miles.. use it to tow the caravan… it’s just developed a strange fault.., once I drive a little way the speedo starts to fluctuate bounce around and the abs 4wd traction control lights on the dash come on.. haven’t got a clue what’s going on.., the car runs ok even with those lights on… any suggestions would be appreciated
Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Tachometer Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
Hi and welcome.
With a proper scantool(LAUNCH, AUTEL, THINKDIAG) you can read fault codes from the ABS and 4WD controller. Cheap obd2 readers can only read generetic obd2 codes from the ECU.

·
Registered
2002 Nissan X-Trail T30, 2.0 SE+
90 Posts
Hi just joined the forum.. I have a 2012 platinum model… 120,000 miles.. use it to tow the caravan… it’s just developed a strange fault.., once I drive a little way the speedo starts to fluctuate bounce around and the abs 4wd traction control lights on the dash come on.. haven’t got a clue what’s going on.., the car runs ok even with those lights on… any suggestions would be appreciated
View attachment 36307
This is a T31, not a T30
Could be a fault with the ABS sensors, have you tried checking to see if dirt or mud is on them.

·
Registered
623 Posts
My lights came on similar to that on earlier T31 and was low brake fluid .Worth a look .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts