Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just purchased a 2.2 dci on an 06 plate from a Nissan dealer and it seems to have the cold engine clatter!! Any advice please. Also It is fitted with Dunlop ST 20, size 215 / 60R17 96H Grandtrek tyres, is this correct?

Regards,
Steve.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi and welcome, i have a 2007 aventura and it clatters and bangs like a pig till warm! dealer has said this is normal. I am waiting to see how it goes as it only has 11,000 on clock and does not get used much as company car gets used each day. As for the tyres they are correct, i have just changed mine to scorpions from pirelli cheaper than dunlop and seem to wear better, keep your eye on the pressure as they can wear uneven if you dont costly mistake !

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
cava55 said:
..... i have just changed mine to scorpions from pirelli cheaper than dunlop and seem to wear better, keep your eye on the pressure as they can wear uneven if you dont costly mistake !
I have seen several people recommending the Scorpions.

The original Dunlops on my new X-Trail are "all season" tyres and are therefore road legal for a continental winter where winter tyres are mandatory.

Are the Scorpions "all season"? or are they the normal British "summer" tyres?

Thanks.

John

·
Registered
85 Posts
John Willett said:
Are the Scorpions "all season"? or are they the normal British "summer" tyres?

Thanks.

John
John ive run the Scorpions for a while now, cracking all round tyre, they have been brilliant for the last 7months and done me proud in the snow too, I wouldnt buy any other make of tyre for mine again

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Thanks for the help.

I do need "All Season" tyres with the snowflake mark as I regularly drive in Central Europe in Winter (Germany, Austria, Slovakia, etc.) and Winter tyres are a legal requirement - and needed for my own safety as well.

I was not sure if the Scorpion was winter certified, hence my question. If it is, great!, if not, I'll have to look for another tyre.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts