Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.Just got two new 215x65x16 tyres fitted at Tyres Direct for...£70..cant get any better than that.Lewis does good deals on new tyres and used ones also.I delivered ..cost is £5,Would like to know if any member has recently bought tyres anywhere near this price Hope you are all well .Regards Barry

·
Registered
2002 Nissan X-Trail T30, 2.0 SE+
58 Posts
I bought a set of two tyres to be fitted up front yesterday. Ordered from Asda tyres during the week. Did fully fitted. Bought Goodyear Efficiency Grip SUV. 215/65R16 98H. This replaced two of the four Sunny tyres on it. ****** brand. I paid £88.98 fitted each which is a good price.

It was either the Goodyear or Bridgestone, I should have got the Bridgestone as they tend to have stifffer sidewalls and the Xtrail normally makes the front tyres bulge out. I hated Bridgestones though, especially their low profile ones when I worked as a tyre fitter, they were difficult to mount because of the sidewalls, almost as bad as run flat tyres.

I do not do budget tyres (aka ditchfinders) I have had one performed badly on a car in slight wet and car just slid when braking and hit a barrier. Cheapest fully fitted they do is some flyby brand called Hifly for £67.98

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello.Just got two new 215x65x16 tyres fitted at Tyres Direct for...£70..cant get any better than that.Lewis does good deals on new tyres and used ones also.I delivered ..cost is £5,Would like to know if any member has recently bought tyres anywhere near this price Hope you are all well .Regards Barry
The two tyres were a Yokohams W.Drive V905 and a General Grabber,Good tyres not Ditchfinders .Regards Barry

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you are buying new, why would you fit two different brands on there? - genuine question.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are buying new, why would you fit two different brands on there? - genuine question.
Hiya Andy..Good question.Lewis said they new ,but old stock.As we only do a 1000 miles a year now.there would be no problem.Best Wishes Barry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts