Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I am brand new x-trail owner, bought an 03 T30 with 35k on the clock for 4995 from a Nissan Main Dealer with full nissan history.

it is a 2.0i Sport version, basically i need to know if anyone has done an LPG conversion on this model and what were their experiences, there are mixed views on this but as i am getting about 22mpg i need to try and save on fuel - i do about 400miles a week and need to fill up twice at a cost of about 100quid.

I previously had an astra 1.7cdti which used to get all my mileage sorted for about 40quid a week - so now im spending more than double and its eating away at my money!! - i should have thought about it before i know.

i live in leeds so if anyone does have recommendations then let me know.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I know you said you should have realised the fuel economy before you bought the car but there is no miracle cure that is going to give you better consumption. It's a big lump of a car with the streamlining of a block of flats so there's no way the economy will ever be good. Think you'll have to take it on the chin and accept you bought the wrong car for the purpose you intended it for. Another diesel Astra would be a better bet and have the X Trail for the weekends/fun days, etc.

·
Registered
209 Posts
As I understand it the 2.5 is basically virtually identical to the 2 litre. Mine has been on LPG for over four years with no problems...and I'm not the only one. Sorry I can't provide anecdotal mate of a mate type evidence...just the facts m'aam. Oh and my 2.5 Automatic delivers the petrol equivalent of 40 mpg with ease.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
If a engine has stellite valve seats, there will be no problem with changing it to LPG. Most of the modern systems (if not all...) are steered by computers and many sensors, so I believe nothing can go wrong. Only question remains: has a X-trail stellite valve seats? If so: no problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.