Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello - just put a £200 deposit down on a 58 plate Sport Expedition. Was told it was the 173 and this is advertised as so on the delaers website. However, after putting in the reg details for insurance, it has come back as a 150. Im a bit annoyed as the car does not seem as advertised. I could ask for a refund on my deposit or get a reduction in the price.

I am wondering whether the extra bhp would make much of a difference? I wont be doing any towing. Would i be able to get much of a reduction for the lesser bhp model?

Cheers - Nick

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I had the same concern, if you do a search there is a thread last year started by me. You can look at the reg. papers, but also the vin plate gives the towing limit, 2000 for 150bhp, 2200 for 173.
I think my worries came from an insurance doc. and I only notice yesterday my insurance calls the car the wrong model type so I must correct that today.
I suspect that the dealers / Nssans database is correct.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I rang the dealer yesterday who assures me that it is the 173. It will be in this week so i can take a trip to the dealers and iron out any issues before i sign anything.

I am quite happy about the price. £16,479 for a 58 plate 173 Sport Expedition with less than 10k on the clock, but I am sure i can squeeze a little more off that.

Will let you all know how i get on - Nick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.