Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody

The name is Kev, 43 ish , married, three kids and a rough collie. Work as a contracts manager for a drywall contractor and play guitar in a band (hence the name :D )

Came across this site quite by accident just after enrolling on the Australian forum, thinking that it was the only X Trail forum out there.

Anyway I pick up my new T31 on Tuesday. I'm not new to Nissan 4x4 after running a Navara D40 Aventura for the last 2 1/2 years which I loved having. Having no need for a pickup any longer and wanting something a bit more economical now diesel has hit an all time high I settled for the standard spec Sport 173 diesel in Twilight grey. I was a bit dissapointed that Nissan had not upgraded the built in Sat Nav with post codes/touch screen/speed cameras etc and didn't feel it was worth the extra pennies for me. I had an Xtrail demonstrator out for a day and have to say I was very impressed with the way it pulled , and the amount of standard spec...particularly that big sunroof. I tow a trailer full of band pa system so I went for the extra powered 173.

I'll be doing about 25K a year so I hope its as reliable as my Nav was. Anyway I'll post some pics when it arrives.

Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm in East Sussex....not too far from you SM. The band occasionally venture into Surrey. I half expected a 'fellow muso' greeting from Scottie after spotting the 'guitar strumming pussy' avatar, but good to hear there a some other muso's out there driving X Trails :D

G

·
Hi Big Kahuna
Your exxy will last the distance. I've had mine two and a half years and done 86,000km. I've driven from the middle of our east coast up to the far north (Cairns), then over to the top of central australia (Darwin), back down to Brisbane, then the same thing all over again the next years, with various excursions onto some really interesting remote dirt roads, see my photo in my introduction. That was a two hour each way drive on gravel that got a lot worse than that. On one of our cattle stations.
It's carried a lot of weight. While I was travelling I had my belongings stored at my sister's in northern NSW. When I settled up here in the Far North I bought a trailer on the way down to her place, packed it up, packed the car almost to the roof, and filled up a luggage pod on the roof as well. A 2,000km trip and I barely knew the trailer was there. Fuel consumption was 10-11litres/100km with the loaded trailer. Without it I've had as low as 8.7.

Yep, thats a wheelbarrow perched on the top, and there was a pushbike on the bar.
So yes, your exxy will go the distance.
cheers
Julie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts