Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I am looking at a 2002 or 2003 Di Sport. There are many forums and advice columns and some say go for Di and some say DCi. I am not worried about the fact the Di 'appears' to need a little warming up before the noise settles down so mechanically are there any issues to think about.

I have my eye on a few cars, 52, 03 or 53 plates all in the region of 120-140,000 miles - I cant afford to go for something under 100k!

Any advice appreciated (assuming petrol is not recommended)

Cheers

Ryan

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or should I steer clear and go for a petrol model (similar price but lower miles - under 100k) Forester or Landrover?

This turbo issue seems to be a real issue and not to be taken lightly, although a lot of the diesel models for sale seem to have high mileages so they cannot have spent long in the workshop!

·
Registered
85 Posts
There a cracking motor and cope really well

Diesel is the way forward, Ive got a 2.2Di Sport X and its brilliant, lived with it a little over a year as my work car and for towing me jet ski cant fault it

Make sure when u go to look at one service history etc, dont let a Xtrail with a replaced turbo put you off one less thing to worry about if its already had a new one

Check the general condition of the car around, check the MOT ticket to see if there are any advisory re suspension components as these can be expensive and use it as a hagling point

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.