Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm currently in the UK but we are moving to Kenya soon, and looking at buying an xtrail from Japan and importing it to kenya

It's either that or a subaru forrester

Ideally i want a diesel, but have some bad things about turbo's and also some good things.
i'm looking at a 2003 model
there seem to be different models, but i'm not sure which are the top, and which are bottom, and the difference between them
are there anyones i should go for/avoid
does anyone know the mpg of the diesels

do you have any other advice on buying?
thanks all

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wouldn't it be better to buy a vehicle in Kenya? Something that there are a lot of in Africa for the spares... my guess thats going to be a Toyota Landcruiser. That said I wouldn't swap my Xt for three Landcruiser barges.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EthanEdwards said:
Wouldn't it be better to buy a vehicle in Kenya? Something that there are a lot of in Africa for the spares... my guess thats going to be a Toyota Landcruiser. That said I wouldn't swap my Xt for three Landcruiser barges.
cheers
it's cheaper to import, and they drive mostly jap cars, Nissan included

landcruiser is too expensive too!

I've looks into it a lot and the nissan seems tone the one to go for

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Get a vehicle where there are plenty of parts available at reasonable prices because I can remember a member on here a while back from Kenya and he was having problems getting spares for his XT.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
XTrail will give you better ground clearance and better load area. Higher driving position so better visability - parts may be more readily available than the Forrester. Abvantage with the Forrester is they go really well and have a proper arm rest on the seat

Go for the X Trail and enjoy :whistle:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.