Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, how are you all?
My Names Alexandra and I'm 28 from High Wycombe, Bucks, although I'm originally from Hillingdon, Middx.

I'm an absolute car nut, love anything to do with cars including going to shows, going to museums.
I even collect scale models of them that's how much of a nutter I am.

My other interests include Music, Books, Movies, Internet, Technology, Photography, Bowling, Cinema, Shopping (a big must for any girl) and generally just getting out of the house as much as I can.

I'm also a bit of a whiz on the computer (maybe a bit of a geek at heart), and am also very handy round the house with DIY etc (there aren't a lot of things I'm not able to sort out) and am definitely a techno fobe at heart and a bit of a twiddler.

I also love to learn and tinker around on my cars whenever I am feeling up to it.

I'm a big animal lover, I love anything from Rabbits to Cats to Dogs and to Horses.

Main things I love is to get out and about and do and learn different things, and I love to chat to people and make new friends along the way.

Now for the most important part of all and that is I'm very pleased to say I'm now a new owner of my very first X-Trail.

I'm so excited about it, I picked the car up last Friday and so far am loving every minute of owning it, it's not a new car so I'm sure I will have a few questions and niggles to get sorted along the way but so far I think it is great.

Although I'm a newbie to the X-Trail, I'm not new to the 4x4's, have had a quite a few of them over years and have to say I find it is a breath of fresh air, as it is a completely different ball game to the others I have owned.

Please delete if not allowed on this section but I have added a pic of my new motor.

She is a 54 Plate 2.5 SVE Auto in Amazon Green with the Birdview Sat Nav and is just coming up 70,000 Miles, I hope she still has a lot of life left in her.

Can anyone tell me with the age of it and the mileage it has done is there anything special I should be keeping a check on and anything I should be looking after on it, apart from the usual servicing etc?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi AleXtrail and welcome to the forum. Great to see someone giving so much info from the start - makes things so much easier for everyone else when trying to help and it sounds as if you will be quite capable of keeping your X Trail up together.
I've got a 2.5 auto and have had no problems at all with it all. Really no idea what you should be looking out for apart from the usual things as on any car (brakes, suspensionm cooling, etc) but don't think you should have much to worry about.
It's always worth taking a new purchase to a trusted (independent in my opinion) garage to have the car put up on the ramp and given a good inspection - puts your mind at rest if nothing else.
If you think you have any problems then ask away - hopefully someone here will be able to help or at least point you in the right direction :thumbs:
Happy and safe motoring.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi Alex and welcome as earlier reply's hav stated vaqndy is your man on the 2.5 petrol, i am a diesel man so i have the added worry of the dread3ed turbo intercooler probs lol. you sound like you know what you are doing and look forward to reading more of your input to this forum.
if it is of any help apart from the normal car probs have never read anything negative on the 2.5 petrol during any of my research into x trails
john

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for very much for the welcome,
I'm really excited about joining this group, and hope over time I can help people out, as well as learning a bit on here myself from the experts.

I have to say Mike those two items are unfortunately my downfall, my cooking isn't great and am not a fan of washing anything whether it be windows, cars or mugs and plates, makes your hands rough and chapped over time and can't take the hot water, and if your working on the outside there a fair few bugs to contend with, but you can't be perfect at everything :)

Thank you very much for the information given, the car to me seems pretty sound, but I am by no means any form of mechanic, and thought I would check if there any problems that can occur over time, as I have had cars that the automatic gearbox has gone within a week of owning it, a instrument dial that one minute your driving along and suddenly they all give up on you, and you have no idea what speed you are doing, and a car that has had so many odd bits and bobs twiddle with it, that it obviously wasn't the same car that came out of the factory.

So as these motors are new to me it's worthwhile finding out the status of opinion and expert knowledge etc, and will definately be taking it up to my local mechanic for a check over, wouldn't be without him as he certainly knows his stuff, and it would also be nice for it to have a fresh start with a new service to it, so will get him to do that at the same time.

Alex.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hi Alex,
Good answer! Luckily I can cook reasonably well & my Sunday roasts are first class. Like you I don't do windows or car washing, but don't mind the washing up. I do like going to the pub though! :biggrin:

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
AleXtrail said:
Thank you for very much for the welcome,
I'm really excited about joining this group, and hope over time I can help people out, as well as learning a bit on here myself from the experts.

I have to say Mike those two items are unfortunately my downfall, my cooking isn't great and am not a fan of washing anything whether it be windows, cars or mugs and plates, makes your hands rough and chapped over time and can't take the hot water. When I wash up I use Marigold rubber gloves and that stops all these problems and you can get them at most supermarkets in different colours too. :smile:
Welcome to the forum Alex.
Alex.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL I agree too, mind you Sunday roast dinner and a trip down the pub I think would be enticing to anyone.
Thanks for the advice umbongo about the Marigolds, but the best vice for me is to either find a man that doesn't mind doing the washing up or owns a dishwasher :)
Mind you that is a sight to see a man in his Marigolds, do you stick with the yellow or orange etc or are you sometime in the mood for the Pink?
Thanks again for the welcome :)
Alex.

·
Registered
671 Posts
" but the best vice for me "

I like it! I do washing up, without Marigolds cos I am tough! I also have a dishwasher, but can't be driving too far with the D/W in the back of the X-Trail!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Funny how times change?
Back in 1910 it would be flowers - preferably red roses, then possibly a show followed by dining out in romantic surroundings. Over the next few meetings maybe your hands brushed together causing blushes all 'round. Over the weeks the relationship may progress to a goodnight kiss - who knows?

We are now in 2010.
"I've got a dishwasher and some Marrigold rubber gloves"
"Get your coat - you've pulled"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just joined the Forum last week after finding an XT. 2.2 DCI Sport, Manual, Black 04 plate. This is to replace a Jaguar X-Type 2.5, Sport, Auto which was becoming a little long in the tooth and was looking like needing some major surgery prior to next MOT so took the plunge. The Jaguar was actually purchased 4 years ago when I was looking to buy a Honda CRV, but the dealer I was looking at had the Jag,so plumped for that. It was a brilliant car and did not falter over the four years, although the 2.5 V6 was not the most economical, hence plumping for an "Oil Burner" this time. Would probably have preferred an Auto but can't fault the 6 speed box, very flexible and clean changes with no "notchyness" Obvioulsy the Nissan will not have the comfort and handlling of the X-Type (constant 4x4) but I am very pleasantly surprised that in the short time I have experienced it and enjoy the handling, I am sure it will be a very practical purchase. As stated above I was originaly looking at the Honda CRV as I have had Honda's (one Accord and two Civic's) in the past but after much research reading the reviews it is obvious that the XT is much better that any of the rest in this class and I prefer the look of it anyway.

Looking forward to getting it "off road" to put it through it's paces.

Excellent Forum with many great tips and pieces of advice :biggrin:

BMcL

Attachments

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL
Well what more could a girl ask for :)

Welcome to the group Bmcl26 I'm sure you will find this group a great source of information and I'm sure you'll have some laughs along the way.
Welcome again.
Alex.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi bmcl26
My wife got a CRV back in 2000 and it was a great car - 2.0L auto and the best bit was it had fold down arm rests on the seats which made for really easy motorway driving. She had it from new and although good, the off roading capabilities were no where near the X Trails. The X Trail is more rugged but I think the CRV was more comfortable? She's got a Rav 4 now and, again, not a match for the X Trail off road but does handle more like a car. I love the X trail and wouldn't swap it for a Rav or a CRV - personal choice thing but I'm happy.

PS You've got a good looking X Trail there.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have to say I was very new to X-Trail's when I bought mine, hadn't even thought about owning one up till then, but have had a few older 4x4's over the years and wanted to try something that little bit different and a bit more modern.

So went out looking to get myself a CR-V or RAV-4, among a couple of others, but have to say I really just don't like anything about them.

There boring, there plasticky looking, nearly every other 4x4 is one of them and they just have nothing that stands out on them, but was still trawling through them when I came across mine and thought why not try it, so went and tested it and that was me sold.

There not heavy or sluggish, there solid, they comfortable and don't have the clunky rough ride, they have a nice look to them, they have got quite a considerable amount of go when you put your foot, without using the whole tank of petrol, and they are something that little bit different to the 4x4's that are out there.

I'm sure they will be the odd niggles over time, but at this moment I think this car is uber cool as they say, and so does everyone else around me, even my mechanic is jealous.

Alex :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alex

Totally agree,mine is a Diesel and I am most impressed with it. It certainly can go and even moving from a Jaguar I am satisfied with it's performance and handling. Big plus is the fuel economy with the Jag I used to get about 250 miles max on a tank of petrol. I have only travelled about 180 miles on the X-Trail since filling it up and it still has three quarters of a tank left. Tank size is the same for both vehicles.

Totally agree the XT, as well as being a better performer, is also better looking than the others.

BMcL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.