Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to you all, I'm really glad I've found this brilliant site. Got a porblem with my wife's 2.2dti on an 06.
It's been going into limp mode so after reading on here I've;
replaced oil,air & fuel filters
used comma oil as recommended.
Cleaned the EGR valve

This has quietened down the car & stopped the hunting on tickover but the car still goes into limp mode occasionally.
This tends to happen at lower revs. I'm hoping it's not the fuel pump as I understand this is very expensive.
On my car (Rover 75 tdi) the owners club recommend changing the pcv filter I can't locate this in my manual.
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks
Don

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
redgpx said:
Hi to you all, I'm really glad I've found this brilliant site. Got a porblem with my wife's 2.2dti on an 06.
It's been going into limp mode so after reading on here I've;
replaced oil,air & fuel filters
used comma oil as recommended.
Cleaned the EGR valve

This has quietened down the car & stopped the hunting on tickover but the car still goes into limp mode occasionally.
This tends to happen at lower revs. I'm hoping it's not the fuel pump as I understand this is very expensive.
On my car (Rover 75 tdi) the owners club recommend changing the pcv filter I can't locate this in my manual.
Any help gratefully received.
Thanks
Don
Hi Don,The answer to your question is you don't have a pcv filter they're mainly only put into petrol fuel lines. Don't take this wrong way Don, but the problem with it going into limp mode this can be caused by using a cheaper diesel and everything getting sooted up. The next time you fill up use BP Ultimate It's a little more expensive but you'll have a cleaner engine and you'll also get better performance too. I swear by this BP Ultimate, I had a lot of problems with mine till I changed over to it and I never use anything else now. Don't expect immediate results it'll take a few fillings before you see the difference, so try and use what you have up and then fill up with BP Ultimate. Another problem could be your Mass air flow they have been known to cause the problems your experiencing and the part No for your build date is:22680AW400 someone is selling them on ebay at a good price.
ebay link
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-PRIMARA-X- ... 3efaa25766

BP link
http://www.bp.com/genericsection.do?cat ... Id=7009112

Have a read of this thread
I know it's to do with diesel freezing up but just but read my reply.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1446

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks for your help. We have stopped buying fuel from the supermarket as we did think this a possible problem area.
Have tried the link for the maf but they are closed till 12th April :roll: so will have to wait till then to order.
Thanks again.
Don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.