Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my names andy im from liverpool
been trying to register to this site for a while but always give up after it wouldnt allow hotmail emails to register to it

hopefully be picking up my first x trail tommorow bought a 54 plate sve 64k miles got it for 6k all in all but there givin me 2k for my mg zr

decided to get an x trail because they seem to be the best in the class also i do alot of motorway drivin im a IT field engineer so i can get all my tools an stuff in the back and also me an th missus go campin an stuff of a weekend an its big enough to throw everythin in as well as the dog :D

hope to get to know alot of you better

Andy

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hi there, welcome. I know exactly where you are coming from, my first xtrail was when i was an IT field engineer... it was the smallest 4x4 that would pull my twin axle caravan but meet the mileage and spec for my companies car allowance. it is certainly a roomy office, handy rear power socket for those munchies (i know you need one!), tidy, park anywhere and i used to do Bristol to Aberdeen with one loo stop, didn't need a comfort break as i was not at all aching. i now have cruise and sat nav which i wish i had back then on the motorway (even though i still use the better TomTom). Dog guard great! nice neat car, easy clean boot :!:

WARNING: this forum is addictive and you'll be wanting to spend on your ride very soon!! :whistle:

have fun and drive safe. :thumbs:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
happy days

nice to see everybody is so positive about the car usually us brits do nothin about moan about how sh!t the things we own are lol

so are you still in the IT game then

im gonna need to get myself the dog guard how much are they about and are the dogs usually ok chillin in the back

·
Registered
669 Posts
Andy_b said:
happy days

nice to see everybody is so positive about the car usually us brits do nothin about moan about how sh!t the things we own are lol

so are you still in the IT game then

im gonna need to get myself the dog guard how much are they about and are the dogs usually ok chillin in the back
As we only have a "Yorkie" even though he is a good size, I have a dog tent held in place with bungy cords, so it is easy to remove. He loves it as he knows we are off for walks once in there. He has been fine on fairly long journeys as he takes a break when we do.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am in VMware, Exchange and windows 2008 support now 3rd\4th line.. desk bound and i don't really like it... most people I know in IT hate IT unless they are gamers.

my dog guard was a Nissan original bought on EBay for about £60 but there are cheaper ones and dividers too so you can have tools on one side and a safe doggie on the other. I have a cross border collie \ Australian Shepard and he fine in the boot, plenty of room, just put a blanket in as they tend to slide about if stood up. The guard keeps the drool and mud off the leather seats :confused:

www.roofbox.co.uk is a good site for car accessories like this and for roof bars, I got thule aero bars and keep some ratchet straps in the boot compartments in case I pop into B&Q or see ikea have packaging etc out I may want.

loadsa stuff in Oz for the X-Trail... remember the import tax though.

I'm one to talk but get a photo up of your ride... i'm waiting for my strut and wheel spacer before I upload.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
picked it up today an im sooooo in love

bearing in mind im coming from a car with keep fit windows (manual window winder) and i have got electric everything now :D.
the drive is great so far the guy did put new disks and pads all round for me and the rear driver side is squeeking a little.
inside is in mint condition and all the dials being in the middle doesnt bother me at all. also has a tow bar wich i think will come in handy
it doesnt have a trip computer which i thought it would well it doesnt show me the mpg

and that sounds like a good job mate but i wouldnt like to be strapped to a desk again but im only really breaking into the world of IT again after about 5 years away from it

Also thanks for the advise i will be checking that site out

i need some car mats and the rear rubber mat thing for the dog i have seen alot of them on ebay :D

i will post some pics but its nothin special to look at at the mo its jus v clean for a 54 plate with 65k on the clock the last owner must have been skinny because hardly any wear on the drivers seat

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.