Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan X-trail 1.3Dig-T Tekna 2019
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi sorry if this has been posted already, I have just bought a 2019 Xtrail Tekna and have downloaded the app. The problem is I cant connect the app to the car when I enter the VIN it says wrong number. Contacted Nissan but they couldn't help is there an easy way of soing this.
Also the tyre pressure sensors super sensitve in the 2 months I've had the car had 2 alarms for 2 diffrent tyres.

Cheers

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hi, I found this on another forum. It's certainly not uncommon.

A few suggestions, having gone through this process myself recently with a second hand 2016 30kWh Leaf.

First of all, you need to create a You+Nissan account through the website first before you can use the App, so make sure you do that first.

Secondly, you don't add the VIN in the app, you add it in the You+Nissan account web portal. Until the car is added to your account through the web portal you won't be able to log into the phone app. When you try to add the VIN it will ask you to follow some steps to turn the car on and off again - this process is slow and quite flakey - it took me several attempts to "verify" the car.

What model and year of Leaf is it ? There are two different apps to use depending on year. For cars up until about March (??) 2018 you should be installing "Nissan Connect EV". For later cars you should be using "Nissan Connect Services". (There is a 3rd app which is for the US market, don't try to use that one)

If you're still stuck, phone Nissan technical support via the number on the website. They will open a ticket to have the car added manually to your account for you - I had to get this done as the car was still on the previous owners account. To prove I was the new owner I had to scan and email copies of my drivers license and my new V5C.

Nissan support are SLOW - it will be about 4 working days between each contact with them before they respond to your previous email or phone call. So count on a week or two to get this sorted. You're best to make initial contact via phone so there isn't a 4 day delay before they ask you for initial details, then the follow ups will be by email. Be patient and they will eventually reply.

As for the app not being very good - yeah, it has its issues and quirks, but it works pretty well for me for starting/stopping climate control remotely, checking charge level and charge time and remotely overriding the charge timer. I think it's worth it and I'm glad I have it set up.

Another tip is once you have it set up look at the car in your You+Nissan portal - it will probably say that you are "subscribed" to 3 years of free Nissan Connect services. I had the additional option to "subscribe" to 8 years of Nissan Connect services for free, so naturally I did that, so that lasts until 2028.

Not sure if that is a promotional deal or standard, but if you see the option to extend the free period for free, do it in case they take away that free subscription extension some time in the next 3 years... ;)

·
Registered
Nissan X-trail 1.3Dig-T Tekna 2019
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that seems a lot of farting around just to get the app on my mobile to connect to car , begining to wonder if its worth the hassle

·
Registered
2 Posts
We just bought a t32 2017 plate xtrail and had the same issue. I contacted Nissan as the VIN wasn’t recognised. This was their reply.

“Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services regarding your Nissan X-TRAIL.

We understand that you are trying to enter your VIN to the NissanConnect Services application and are receiving an error message stating that your VIN is not recognised.

Your vehicle is a Nissan X-TRAIL from 2017 - This means that your vehicle is not compatible with the NissanConnect Services app, which is why you are receiving an error message.

We would like to sincerely apologise as, currently, there are no Nissan apps offering connected services that are compatible with your vehicle.

Despite there being no connected services apps compatible with your vehicle, your Bluetooth, sat-nav and radio should still be functional. Should you require any assistance setting up or using these features in your vehicle, please let us know and we will be more than happy to help.

If you would still like to use an app with your vehicle, we can advise you of the “NissanDriver’s Guide” app, which uses augmented reality to explain features in your vehicle. This app, however, does not provide any connected services between your vehicle and phone.”

I replied and asked them why the manual states there is an app. This was their reply.

“Thank you for contacting Nissan Customer Services.

Your vehicle was equipped with an app which was discontinued named "NissanConnect" this app did not have the same features as NissanConnect Services and there has never been an ability to pull journey history via any app, for any X-trail

Unfortunately, due to the low usage rates of the app, Nissan made the decision to discontinue the NissanConnect app on 31st March 2020.

We would also like to advise you that despite there being no connected services apps compatible with your vehicle, your Bluetooth, sat-nav and radio should still be functional. Should you require any assistance setting up or using these features in your vehicle, please let us know and we will be more than happy to help.

If you would still like to use an app with your vehicle, we can advise you of the “NissanDriver’s Guide” app, which uses augmented reality to explain features in your vehicle. This app however, does not provide any connected services between your vehicle and phone.”

All in all, very disappointing, we have a Citroen C4 grand Picasso 2014 plate as well and even they have an app and actually quite a decent one at that. Not impressed with Nissan just turning the app off for this vehicle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts