Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has just kindly handed back my X-Trail only to say that there is no heat coming from the heater despite having the temp upto max :bigcry:

Does anyone know if there is a fuse that covers the heater that I can check and if its located in the cabin fuse box or engine fuse box?

Cheers
Bambus

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Spot on Scottie, checked the coolant and its completely empty :shock: A local garage topped it up free of charge and its going back to Nissan on Monday as they touched it last. Hopefully it'll be a little warmer on the trip home tonight, I think I'll keep coolant in the car until monday in case I need to top it up.

Cheers :thumbs:
Bambus

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The X-trail has been into Nissan and they performed a pressure test and can confirm there is a leak (I was wondering why I've had to refill almost 5 litres in a week). Anyway its booked in for the 16th Feb and I'm hoping there isn't going to be a cost as it should be covered under the Service Warranty (37.5k M3 Service carried out 2 days before discovered no heat) or atleast the 3yr warranty.

The Service Desk chap said they need to ascertain the exact location of the leak and it may be near the water pump "which they don't touch when they do the M3 service".

Can anyone guess or from experience know if a faulty/leaking water pump is covered under the standard 3yr warranty or am I going to be stung with an expensive repair bill? :headbang:

Cheers
Bambus

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just an update regarding my leaking coolant.

Its been with WestWay Nissan in Coventry for 2 days and yesterday I was informed that the Water Pump was at fault and this is being replaced today UNDER WARRANTY :grin:

So hopefully I'll be able to collect my X-Trail this evening and be able to enjoy the recent dumping of snow on my journey home :thumbs:

Bambus

·
Registered
380 Posts
The M3 service includes changing the coolant,drove home 30 miles after picking mine up and being a cynical b-----r,checked all fluids/colour of engine oil etc,discovered expansion tank empty :roll: .Rang stealer who said just top it up,they'd check it when next in(2 weeks later for new intercooler)In fairness didn't take much to bring it up to level,suspect it may be difficult to expel all air in system when coolant changed,although you'd think perhaps they'd check after road testing :frown: especially if it's a known problem.In your case where the pump is leaking you have to wonder if they forgot to refill it. :headbang: Good thing it's still under warranty. :biggrin:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.