Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Had our 2005 2.2 X-Trail SVE DCI for just one year, and today the illumination of the central Meter Gauges and Clock assembly just failed.
Had a look in the Owners Manual and absolutely no mention of how this assembly is illuminated nor what to do when it no longer does.
Any experts out there with any info on what bulbs/fuses and how to get to them, I would be very grateful to share in that information.
Until then when its dark can some one kindly tell me how fast I'm going :whistle:
Many thanks
Bullet.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
bmwbullet said:
Hi all
Had our 2005 2.2 X-Trail SVE DCI for just one year, and today the illumination of the central Meter Gauges and Clock assembly just failed.
Had a look in the Owners Manual and absolutely no mention of how this assembly is illuminated nor what to do when it no longer does.
Any experts out there with any info on what bulbs/fuses and how to get to them, I would be very grateful to share in that information.
Until then when its dark can some one kindly tell me how fast I'm going :whistle:
Many thanks
Bullet.
bmwbullet, Welcome to the forum.
The fuse that illuminates your combination meter is located in the drivers foot well just below the dash.
INFO Here
View attachment Binder1.pdf

Note: If you have difficulty viewing pdfs online, download and install the most current version of Acrobat Reader. Free Download available at http://www.adobe.com.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Umbongo,
Many thanks for your very prompt reply.
I checked fuse 28 and also fuse 11 as shown on your pdf.
Unfortunately both of these fuses were ok so looks like its the lamp unit itself :frown:
Looking at your pdf and having pulled the plastic cover off the combined meter unit it seems that the lamp unit is an integral part of the meter unit, do you know if this is so or can you just get a replacement lamp unit?
once again thanks
bmwbullet

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
bmwbullet said:
Hi Umbongo,
Unfortunately both of these fuses were ok so looks like its the lamp unit itself :frown:
Looking at your pdf and having pulled the plastic cover off the combined meter unit it seems that the lamp unit is an integral part of the meter unit, do you know if this is so or can you just get a replacement lamp unit?
once again thanks
bmwbullet
You can buy the wedge bulbs, if you hang around I've done a coloured pdf identifying each bulb by their socket colour. Give me half hour or so to locate it and I'll post it here.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
bmwbullet said:
Hi Umbongo,
once again thanks
bmwbullet
The Combination meter changed after 03 so the coloured view that I've done isn't applicable to your XT. I've looked at the Combination unit for the 05 XT and there are three wedge bulbs 1.4 W and you can get these at any car motorist shop or on ebay. The pdf shows three bulbs at back of unit the ones that have black arrows should be the illumination lamp bulbs. When changing them you have to push hard on the holder and twist anti clockwise and the bulb just pulls out but make sure you replace the new bulb the same way.

PDF File has been updated below.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Umbongo,
Thanks very much for all your invaluable help,
what seemed like a big problem has been sorted with your info.
Will get some bulbs tomorrow before the policeman says
'do you know how fast you were going?'
and I would foolishly answer
'no its too dark to read the speedo, what was it?' :cool:
Once again many thanks
bmwbullet

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
bmwbullet said:
Hi Umbongo,
Thanks very much for all your invaluable help,
what seemed like a big problem has been sorted with your info.
Will get some bulbs tomorrow before the policeman says
'do you know how fast you were going?'
and I would foolishly answer
'no its too dark to read the speedo, what was it?' :cool:
Once again many thanks
bmwbullet
bmwbullet, on the first pdf drawing that says 14v 1.4 w ignore, it should read 12v 1.4w and if you download this file it has been corrected. So the Lamp bulbs you require are wedge type T5 12volt 1.4 or 1.2 watt :thumbs:

Note: If you have difficulty viewing pdfs online, download and install the most current version of Acrobat Reader. Free Download available at http://www.adobe.com.

View attachment Binder2z.pdf

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Umbongo,
Thanks for the updated information,
dyslexicly (is there such a word?) I read it as 12v anyway.
All ok now (touch wood) :biggrin:
Once again thanks for all your help,
Best regards
bmwbullet.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
bmwbullet said:
Hi Umbongo,
Thanks for the updated information,
dyslexicly (is there such a word?) I read it as 12v anyway.
All ok now (touch wood) :biggrin:
Once again thanks for all your help,
Best regards
bmwbullet.
No prob's glad you managed to sort it out yourself and saved some money too. :thumbs:

·
Registered
3 Posts
oh god I hope you checked under the bonnet first. I noticed a problem when my dash illumination didn't come on. It had also knocked out my front fogs and tail lights. after continuity testing all the fuses on the inside of the car, I moved on to the ones under the bonnet and found the culprit to be a 10amp one labled 'tail'. I replaced this and hey presto, my dash and other lights worked again (they're wired in series)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.