Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm a newbie to Nissan X Trail's having picked up my 54 plate X Trail on Wednesday 17th Feb. I've bought a 2.2 dci SVE with 56k miles from Stratstone Landrover, the car is great and I intend in using it and daily driver and as a tow car. However, I have a concern which I would like to know if it's a potential problem or a known trait/character of the car. Upon cold start up the engine seems to me to be very tapperty when idling and under acceleration until the engine has warmed up and then all is fine. Anyone's advice or experience about this will be appreciated.

G

·
Hi welcome :thumbs: sorry to say that the noise is standard from cold start :headbang: there are plenty of posts that will confirm this.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
superjonez said:
Hi, I'm a newbie to Nissan X Trail's having picked up my 54 plate X Trail on Wednesday 17th Feb. I've bought a 2.2 dci SVE with 56k miles from Stratstone Landrover, the car is great and I intend in using it and daily driver and as a tow car. However, I have a concern which I would like to know if it's a potential problem or a known trait/character of the car. Upon cold start up the engine seems to me to be very tapperty when idling and under acceleration until the engine has warmed up and then all is fine. Anyone's advice or experience about this will be appreciated.
Have a read of this post.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1604

·
Registered
60 Posts
Radio controls are on the left, cruise controls are on the right. They are not dual function. Cruise controls are labeled Cruise on,on the main button, and then accel/res on the top, cancel in the middle and set/Coast on the bottom.

Im guessing if a car doesnt have cruise control, the radio buttons are on the right, but I have never seen a car without cruise so Im not sure.

I think your dealer may have lied.

Here is what it should look like http://www.parkers.co.uk/imagecache/file/650/archive/Nissan/X-Trail/IMG_2611.JPG

and here http://www.parkers.co.uk/imagecache/file/650/archive/Nissan/X-Trail/IMG_2631.JPG

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.