Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my XT yesterday and so far everything seems fine.....Just wondered....as anyone given theirs a blast off road....like to hear your views......Had a Kia Sportage about 8-9 years back ...not the best car in the world only kept it for about 12 months....but surprisingly it coped very well off road ....went places my mates PJ wouldn't go......

But looking back now its not a patch on a XT....lol

Anyway.....might give mine a blast later.......try to get some pics.......

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have only had my X Trail a very short while, but I do live at the end of a 500m un-surfaced track in the mountains above Malaga. I have found as long as I select the drive option I want before I need it, it works very well. If I leave it up to the computer it seems to take too long to decide where to send the power that it has started slipping and loosing speed. One section of track is 1:3 and it gets a bit lively when it is wet. Time will tell when the winter comes. Ground clearance is not great and there are a lot of un-protected bits underneath and the bits that are protected aren't protected by much.

I had a Land Rover Discovery TD5 before which, whether you like them or not, excel in very poor and steep conditions. However, I much prefer my X-Trail's on-road capacity to the Discovery.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Use mine as a shooting car and in a couple of 4x4 off road clubs been off road quite a few times now only thing with the x-trail is there's not very much under protection and it has a plastic fuel tank ... i've just uploaded a video of me playing in the mud lol ...
Also had mine in deep snow last year in Aviemore we stay in a log cabbin which is about 3 miles down a dirt track off the beaten track ... lets just say it was fun with a capital F ;-)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had a drive on some tracks not to far from me.....nothing to extreme....but good fun....coped ok......
Sorry no action shots as I was Billy no mates........had to stop and get out to take a snap...lol.....Sad I know ...But True,,...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.