Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

I have an 08 X-Trail which I've had since Feb this year.

Ive taken it down some sticky muddy lanes, and accross some unpaved raods and its coped pretty well, however during these adventures I broke the heat sheild, and also managed to rip off the splash guard under the engine bay.

Is it normal for X-Trails to be so flimsy?

Im a volunteer with St John Ambulance, and my old Fiesta couldnt cope with some of the places I was taking it - most of the time i'm transporting stuff accross fields, up hills etc and the Fessy wouldnt do it. I did get the X-Trail up a rather large hill in 4x4 lock mode without too much bother, but that was not very lumpy.

So what is the X-Trail like off road? Perhaps it's my driving skill and not the car to blame!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Usually caused by too much speed rather than the vehicle - you can gently slide most vehicles over a hump or rough ground but give it some stick and bits will be flying off from everywhere - whatever you drive. A bit like speed bumps - take then slow and they don't seem too bad - hit them at speed and it feels like you've hit a brick wall then run over it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.