Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 136bhp 2.2 SVE dci. I want to change the oil and filter on the car, but I can't seem to locate the filter or the the drain plug. Is it a difficult job? can anybody tell me where they are?

·
Registered
186 Posts
the drain plug is on the sump to the rear of the pan and the filter is just inside the off side front wheel . turn out the drivers side wheel and you will notice a small panel that you remove and there is the filter. it just pulls off and then just pops back on. hope this helps....

regards.. mark

·
Registered
120 Posts
hi billy whizz,

Just an extra thing to look at is whether you will need the drop in filter type or canister type of oil filter. My 2.2DCi takes the canister type, but I think your age of engine uses the drop in filter type. Also it is worth getting a replacement washer for the drain plug, the price from my local dealer is around the £10 mark for filter and washer.

Good luck

Jamie

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot Jamie & Mark. Yep just popped off the panel and there it is-canister type. Drain plug easily found as well. I had the car booked in for a service today. Just oil & filter. Can now do it myself and save a few quid. Thanks again-- Bill. :thumbs:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi all, I changed the oil in my 52 2.2dci (120K and counting!) I was able to locate the oil filter, but was unable to undo the bolt. Its cylinder shape with the bolt on the bottom (17mm I think), is this right and normal?
Also, does anyone have experience of cleaning the fuel filter? is it a replaceable part or do you just clean it? also access to it looks a nightemare if I am looking in the right place?!!
many thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts