Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, I wonder if someone can put me straight? I have oil on order from Nielsons, I have a new sump washer and have a filter. The filter was one of the alternative filters from the part list (15208-BN30A). It is a complete unit, so my question is , after seeing others posts on here about drop in filters and seeing the filter housing, is this filter right? I imagine if so, it replaces the housing?

Thanks.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
little elrick said:
Morning all, I wonder if someone can put me straight? I have oil on order from Nielsons, I have a new sump washer and have a filter. The filter was one of the alternative filters from the part list (15208-BN30A). It is a complete unit, so my question is , after seeing others posts on here about drop in filters and seeing the filter housing, is this filter right? I imagine if so, it replaces the housing?

Thanks.
The filter changed in September 03 so did the engine it became the 2.2 DCi and the filter type is the screw in one and the removal and fitting is different to the 2.2 Di so look at the jpeg file for removal and fitting. The filter you have is the right one.

DCi engine oil filter removal and fitting

Filter removal from September 03.jpg

Left click mouse to open jpeg file

Filter Part No's DCi Engine
X-TRAIL OIL FILTER GENUINE 15208-BN30A...jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grand, thanks for that. Just took wheel off and had a look at the filter, and indeed it is the same as the new one I have.

As an aside, when I bought the car earlier the month, the garage said they did a full service. The filter that is on has obviously been there for many more months than the one month I've had it. So just as well I'm changing it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.