Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced air filter in my 2008 dci 173 and found there was oil in the bottom of the filter housing. Cars been a bit hesitant on accelerating at times and seems to hunt as I drive at constant speed. Worried the turbo may be playing up, only done 32k.

Anybody able to shed any light on this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Kelba1946.

My XT is a 57 plate (T31) with 28 k on the clock. Check my previous posts, I had the same problem. Initially the dealer changed the oil seperator. This was replaced again as it failed for a second time. Following on from this, the pipe from the air filter to the turbo intake was replaced. This pipe was split approx 75% around its circumference, right where the jubilee clip attached it to turbo. The dealer told me that a split in this pipe was causing excessive oil to appear on the air filter. With the new pipe and the second seperator the problem was cured. I have since fitted a K and N filter and this is showing no signs of oil contamination.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hi pac,

There are quite a few of us here in Australia with the diesel T31 that experience this problem of oil on the air filter.
Nissan here do not want to recognise it is a fault and as such will not replace the oil separator.

Could you let me know how difficult it was for you to convince Nissan UK to replace the oil separator for you and if the oil problem has still remained fixed.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello Kev, I had no trouble getting the dealer to change the failed oil seperator. In fact they replaced it a second time, thinking that it had failed again. It was only when the oil started leaking out of the belly panel that they decided to look further a field. When they discovered the split in the turbo intake pipe, it became a lot clearer to an older technician who had seen this type of problem before.

I have kept all my old filters as I replaced mine every 6k. I could email pictures to you if you want?.

Do you ever see any T31 with the front bull bar and driving lights?.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.