Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have discovered an oil leak coming somewhere from the front top of the engine, but to determine where it is from I intend to fully 'gunk' clean the engine. I have a concern that the heat exchanger on top of the engine may react badly to either the gunk or the jet wash near it, or both. Can anyone help if this will be ok, and if not, any advise please?

Thanks.

·
Registered
186 Posts
do you mean the intercooler.. the oil is coming from the front corner of the intercooler lots of us have had the same problem. if its still under warranty take it to the dealer he will pop a new one on for you ,make sure your service book is up to date, do it asap and no you cannot repair it .a new one is req. regards..mark :bigcry:

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
superjonez said:
Hi all,

I have discovered an oil leak coming somewhere from the front top of the engine, but to determine where it is from I intend to fully 'gunk' clean the engine. I have a concern that the heat exchanger on top of the engine may react badly to either the gunk or the jet wash near it, or both. Can anyone help if this will be ok, and if not, any advise please?

Thanks.
Have a read of this thread.
link
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=424

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.