Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else find it almost impossible to drive with the rear windows open? I find the thrumming wind noise they create when open a real distraction and uncomfortable on the ears!

Would fitting wind deflectors on the front and rear cure this? I get fed up of telling the kids to shut the windows or locking them shut!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Stevie

Used to have exactly the same problem - felt as though someone was smacking your ears! Fitted f&r wind deflectors and the problem has gone :thumbs:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi, This "buffeting" is a problem with all modern cars. The best solution is to let the kids have the rear windows open, but open the front windows 1/2 an inch or so. This equalises the pressure in the cabin, without too much wind roar or draught. As an aside, if the reason the kids want the windows open is car sickness - sit the culprit(s) on a sheet of brown paper.....crazy it may sound, but it works!! Adler.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Funny, but I get that buffeting noise if I have the sun roof open. Agree about opening the front windows a bit to balance air when the rear ones are open though. May just be me but I never use sunroofs - never have done? Would have prefered the X Trail without one but there we are - we're all different :oops:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.