Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just not long joined the forum, thought I'd show off the rest of the motley crew...

The company hack. 58 plate Focus 1600 TDCi, a not bad wee mile muncher!

The Taliwagon out playing in the snow. Jap import 2.8 Diesel Hilux, from a time when pickups were proper agricultural things! Just traded in the little Fiesta against the X Trail.

Left-to-right: 1985 Fiesta XR2 Tarmac Rally car - an eBay impulse buy and a work in progress! Focus 1.8 Estate, a.k.a the Purple Fun Bus. No exaggeration to say the best car I've ever owned, totally reliable, and surprisingly swift point-to-point if driven with committment. Its been used as a rally recce car, its taken me to the Le Mans 24hr race and I've even competed in it in a road rally... This X Trail has much to live up to! Now for sale due to the company car. And my Autocross Fiesta - was a 1.1 but now fitted with an 1800 16V engine, LSD and other trick bits.

And currently co-driving this rather saucy Evo 6 on the Scottish Rally Championship... Unfortunately not mine!

Cant think of any I've missed!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Right... I've overcome my Ford Fiesta addiction. The last one will be off to its new home in the next few weeks.

So, I've bought myself a new toy. A Peugeot 205 GTi rally car. I've not got any photos of it as it stands, however it is a reshell of this car. Thought I'd include the pic as it's being pulled out by an X Trail!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected] ... otostream/

First event should be the Granite City Rally in April. Will keep you all updated!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
He he...

Well, "almost"! Actually, it's my 4th 164 and they have all been FAR better built and more reliable than I could ever have imagined! Scrapped my last one at a quarter of a million miles, but only because this one came along in such good nick. Alfa tried SO hard to compete with BMW and Mercedes in the early 1990s and in terms of build quality and durability, I think they "almost" succeeded with the 164. In terms of performance, it would (like-for-like) eat the equivalent 5-Series for breakfast. It all went a bit pear-shaped on handling because Alfa went for front wheel drive and (especially in right hand drive) it really struggled to put it's power down, and the steering told you more about that the accelerator was doing than about what the front tyres were up to!

I seem to have been luckier than most with Alfas, to be honest. Mrs Avocet had a couple of 156s before her Exy and, sad to say, we've spent more on the Exy so far, than either of her Alfas!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did the rally on Saturday, all went remarkably smoothly. Nearly 120 started, 82 finished, with me coming home in 74th.

Chuffed with that, especially as I was just out for a play on part-worn tyres and it was muddy as hell. And trying to actually get the box to select gears was at time like stirring a bag of spanners.

Anyway, no damage, barely even any real close calls. A semi-sensible drive to a finish on my first event driving. Stoked.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
My wife has an Citroen C-4 Coupé VTSi I believe it is. What I know it has 177 horses under the (light-weight) hood.... (By Jove it goes ahead...) She will not allow me to try it out once...) :bigcry: The seats fit like a glove.

Women...... :lol: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Afternoon all,

Very new to X-trail ownership, just over a week, but very impressed so far. Very, very different to my other rides!

2014 Audi A6 Avant TDi Black Edition - bit of an indulgence :biggrin:
2005 Mazda RX-8 231. Rotary madness up to the 9k red line :twisted:
2001 Aprilia Falco. Summer fun that is sadly very under utilised

Of all of them though the X-trail is looking to be the best all round car for the family and pets though - and does a lot more to the gallon than the RX-8!!!!

Cheers,

Jeff

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Wife bought a 2007 UFO 5d Honda civic with i-shift gearbox a week ago. It had 24 740 km on it. It wad my bosses wife's car. She passed away in July and the car was going to be sold anyway.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Indeed they are. My Dad's cousin used to rally Imps as an amateur. He worked for Lucas designing brakes so used to get them to pay for some of his rally costs as R&D ;-)

I am always looking at Hillman Tiger's but don't think I could afford that and a divorce :whistle:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.