Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I was wandering if anyone had put larger wheels/tyre on there Exy to give a bit more ground clearance for off roading.and if so how large can you go before the tyres start to rub the wheel arches or suspention/steering arms.

Mark

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you change the wheels overall diameter if fecks up the speedo calibration and you get a lower top speed or slower accelleration...can't recall which. If you want elevation then fit new springs. On an old BM 3 series 20 years ago -I fitted some lower spring sets...easy as pie. Someone must make 'lifts'!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear what you are saying but if you lift the body it makes it more unstable than if you fit bigger wheels, also the lowest part which is the axles etc are no higher if you lift the body thats where the bigger wheel come into it it gets the running gear out of the mud a bit more.

Mark

·
Registered
60 Posts
I will fit bigger diamater tyres when I need to replace them.

The speedo is way out on the standard sized tyres. 70 on the dash was reading as 64 on my gps, so slightly larger diamater tyres would make the seedo MORE accurate.

·
Registered
50 Posts
bugone said:
I will fit bigger diamater tyres when I need to replace them.

The speedo is way out on the standard sized tyres. 70 on the dash was reading as 64 on my gps, so slightly larger diamater tyres would make the seedo MORE accurate.
I agree - exactly thesame problem on mine - speedo reading 10% high. I am thinking of fitting 225/75r16 AT2's on my XT. Has anyone else fitted this size?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.