Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, please could somebody help me. I have attached 2 photo's to this showing the P0488 code, and an issue that came back from the EGR - recorded on torque pro app.

My car has had a slight hissing noise prior to the P0488 code, a mechanic told me it was a boost leak, but didn't know where it was coming from? I'm not sure if this is related at all.

Since the EML came on, I have lost a lot of power, especially through the higher rev range, and my cruise control will not set, but the set light is flashing? I have cleared code, but after a drive, turning igntion off, and restarting brings the EML back on.

The EGR was removed completely (wasn't any issue with it, justed wanted to clean it) and given a thorough clean in May this year and I have still not had any issues until now.

I believe the cruise control may not be working due to the ECU picking up other faults but I am lost with the P0488 code. I cleaned a load of sensors again but problem still persists? Please see pics attached, somebody may know what they mean hopefully?

Thanks guys! (y)

Attachments

·
Registered
418 Posts
Cruise will not set if there's pending code - it will simply flash yellow as you've had - you may soon get p0487 code as well at some point. It could be a pressure sensor though.

I had this come up quite often on mine 2011 Facelift Tekna with Cletic tune 221hp. I kept erasing it as car drove fine. Garage couldn't find a fault anywhere but oddly taking top off EGR and reset seemed to cure for a while but it always came back. In the end they changed EGR (which wasn't expensive and was quick to do) and all seemed fine even though my EGR was not bad.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cruise will not set if there's pending code - it will simply flash yellow as you've had - you may soon get p0487 code as well at some point. It could be a pressure sensor though.

I had this come up quite often on mine 2011 Facelift Tekna with Cletic tune 221hp. I kept erasing it as car drove fine. Garage couldn't find a fault anywhere but oddly taking top off EGR and reset seemed to cure for a while but it always came back. In the end they changed EGR (which wasn't expensive and was quick to do) and all seemed fine even though my EGR was not bad.
Thanks mate, I gave the EGR valve a propper good clean in May, I took it off and cleaned it up so you could eat your dinner off it. Never had any issues until now. When you say you removed top of EGR, what do you mean? Do you mean you unbolted the black casing by removing the torx screws?

Cheers

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes - that's correct as there are some levers in there I believe that can get grimed up (or so my garage said and it seemed to work for a while). When you put your egr back on did you do a reset?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes - that's correct as there are some levers in there I believe that can get grimed up (or so my garage said and it seemed to work for a while). When you put your egr back on did you do a reset?
No, I didn't do a reset but I have driven around 3,000 miles with no issue since cleaning, and refitting. I believe I have a boost leak if that may be a contributer? My car was producing a hissing noise before this issue. My can runs better with MAF plugged in, but MAF readings are 12gs at idle which I have read is way too high, and this maybe caused by a intake leak?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can you please tell me what to expect once I remove torx screws from top of EGR. Am I likely to have bits and bobs fly everywhere and not not find them, or be able to get them back in?

Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts