Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right I've now been stopped a number of times mostly once I've explained that I'm only using the front spots for visibility and not the fog setting they ask me to be aware others could be dazzled and to be careful of its use.
over the last few weeks due to the snow and more important the Ice I've been using it a lot while driving at night. the result is after passing 3 patrol cars the 4th stopped me and insisted on giving me a ticket on my miss use of fog lights!!!! Even while explaining that I wasn't using any fog light setting and that he was welcome to look at the settings I was using and after pointing out that without using the lights the roads were dangerous(no grit but hay that's a hole new soap box) He still insisted on providing me with a ticket.... I was also travelling slowly to spot the ice and I'm assuming as they both talked about my drinking wanted to do me for D&D but having been tea total for over 25yrs that wasn't going to sit lol
Now as I left the patrol car his opo got out with me and told me I quote 'you were doing nothing wrong mate I'd appeal that and you'll get let off with it just ask for it to go to court' fun and games I bet that conversation was fun between them after I left.

So I have a small problem and a request has anyone got a manual for an 02 X-Trail SE+ and could post the settings page for the lights and maybe a list of the lights fitted as standard in the optioned spot/fog light. I did offer to show the officer that I had it set to spot and not fog but he refused so My plan is to show the two settings in my appeal and state that he refused to confirm the position and that having 2 passengers and passed 3 other patrol cars he was over jealous in his assumption that I had in fact used fog lights.

The request is has anyone else had a similar problem and did they appear in court or just pay the £30! I find it insulting in this weather and the state of the uk roads that I'm being fined for safe driving!!! oh well any help will be much appreciated.

Oh and sorry for the long post lol had my 02 SE+ for 2 years now and its probably the best 4x4 (not including my landie or my rangie) I've driven hehe

Rgdz

Paul

·
Registered
29 Posts
That seems very petty behaviour, given some of the appalling driving I have witnessed over the past weeks - people trying to negotiate snow one handed whilst on the phone, people driving too fast for the conditions, people not clearing snow/ice sufficiently from their cars, not using lights at all in falling snow.... I could go on but I won't!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Assuming you're using the three position rotating switch on the left stalk, then you had your front fog lights on.

The three position switch goes from off, to front fogs on only, then to front and rear fog lights on. See page 1-18 in the user manual for details.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Aye it was in the second position but I have had the front spots pointed at the road about 8ft in front of the car as I've never seen a true benefit of front fog lights in actual fog. so while I can see the argument for 'dazzle' that's not what he claimed on the ticket.

and yes I have sent a letter refusing the fine on the ground's that having passed 3 patrol cars all of which failed to pull me over on a claimed 'tragic action day focusing on fog light missuse' and the conditions were horrendous I feel I was not using my lights in a manner not required.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see if I end up in court;

Thankx for the replys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.