Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi xtrailers!
I have a 2006 T30 and encountered a very annoying problem at the weekend.
the map light in the car had a loose connection and would occasionally flash on and off when using so I thought ill fix that!
in doing so I stupidly shorted out the bulb terminals and thought id blown the fuse.
I found the room lamp fuse and it was still ok (checked with meter) but now have the door open check light illuminated which means I cant lock the car without the annoying buzzer sounding and obviously no interior lights working at all including door courtesy lights.
on doing some further research it seems im not the only one who has had this issue and it may be down to a control timer delay unit that is at fault.
I stripped the dashboard down and have located the timer control unit / central locking and door ECU control box and taken a photo seen below.
I have a few questions before I purchase another.
am I on the right lines here , is it likely to be at fault?
im guessing I will need to re-pair the keys to the car after changing?
I have found a replacement on ebay with the part number 28550 EQ300 but the 6523 number under that is different.
are the last 4 digits manufacturers numbers and therefore it is the correct part?

any help with this much appreciated, don't know if anyone has had this fault before and fixed by changing this unit?
you wouldn't think fiddling with a interior bulb could take out an ECU.!!!

many many thanks

Product Audio equipment Gadget Font Gas

·
Registered
2002 Nissan X-Trail T30, 2.0 SE+
90 Posts
These units replace having lots of relays. If the fuses are all good, then it is likely it could be this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts