Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Tekna
Just purchased from reputable used car dealer..
Radio reception is sketchy at best. Press scan and very few stations are picked up, and then when driving around locally, the signal is lost frequently. AF is selected, and sat navs INRIX UK icon are displayed - so I assume some signal is getting through the ariel.
If there is a relatively easy process for a long retired vehicle fitter to perform I'm competent to do it as I am reluctant to give the car back for any length of time as really need my offroad capable transport everyday, so a Yaris loan car would suck!
I have read somethings online and here, there's part of an SRAM pdf guide which Im wondering about, or could it be just a bad earth behind the media unit itself?????
Really appreciate any thoughts on this as I'm not even sure the used car site has anything other than a young spanner operator to complete PDI basic servicing.
View attachment 36230

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it is an after-market media unit connected with an adapter harness then the 12V to the aerial amp may not be connected.
Thanks for the reply RHK. Its the factory unit. I got a price for a new one.... £5500+Vat (back order) 🤣 ..Which means unless a mainstealer has one sat on a shelf, there bob hope even if I was considering throwing £6K away! Ive had an auto sparky test the wiring and he feels there is feed to the powered amplifier that sit on the roof panel, but no feed from it?? So the car dealer has order a new one (£110) and agreed to fit it FOC.

I will report back & update once thats done.. 😀

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finger Natural material Wood Metal Thumb
Automotive tire Finger Tire Wood Tread

Update:
Had sparky replace the powered amplified antenna and pressed search.. All FM stations slots filled in seconds!! TA works, Region etc etc. (There is actually a small PCB barely visible inside) Best part about this £110+labour fix was it was paid for by the used car trader :cool:(y)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts