Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
T31 2011 Tekna
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With factory tinted rear windows and the very poor standard central reverse light I can't see ****** all when reversing in the dark. Has anyone found an led bulb that works well as a replacement for the standard bulb?

Are there any neat solutions for adding other light units? I've seen that there's a replacement led light cluster, but that's only for the right side (fog light side for left hand drive t31's) For 2008-2013 Nissan X-Trail Clear Lens LED Rear Bumper Fog Light Tail Stop Lamp | eBay

·
Registered
10 Posts
I bought these WOWLED Offroad 4 Inch Quad Row... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K1V5T5L?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share and wired one of them directly to the reverse lights. Mounted on the towbar bracket with a small metal plate. It lights up everything behind me like I’m turning the sun on when I pop the car in to reverse.
I only wired one up with the opinion that it would probably burn out quick because it was cheap, 7 months on - still going strong 💪

·
Registered
T31 2011 Tekna
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought these WOWLED Offroad 4 Inch Quad Row... https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07K1V5T5L?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share and wired one of them directly to the reverse lights. Mounted on the towbar bracket with a small metal plate. It lights up everything behind me like I’m turning the sun on when I pop the car in to reverse.
I only wired one up with the opinion that it would probably burn out quick because it was cheap, 7 months on - still going strong 💪
Any pics of it fitted to your Xtrail would be appreciated? Didn't think of mounting anything on the towbar directly! I'd very much like an as discreet solution as possible :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Cloud Sky Hood Window Vehicle door
Automotive tire Bumper Rim Wood Automotive exterior
Tire Automotive tire Tread Automotive lighting Road surface
Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle
Sure thing!

the tow ball probably shields the light a bit but doesn’t cast any notable shaddow. On the plus side, it also provides a great deal of protection for the light too 💪👍🏻
Cloud Sky Hood Window Vehicle door

·
Registered
T31 2011 Tekna
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the tow ball probably shields the light a bit but doesn’t cast any notable shaddow. On the plus side, it also provides a great deal of protection for the light too 💪👍🏻
Excellent solution! One which I'll be copying :D Bought the lights already and I've found a bracket that someone makes to fit between the towball (same location as the trailer electrics plug in to) :)

I'll update once I've fitted everything :cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any pics of it fitted to your Xtrail would be appreciated? Didn't think of mounting anything on the towbar directly! I'd very much like an as discreet solution as possible :)
I PURCHASED TWO U SHAPED LED LIGHTS FROM EBAY, SELF ADHESIVE WIRED THEM TO ORIGINAL REVERSE LAMP AND NO PROBS WITH REVERSING IN DARK

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
Compared to the T30, the T31 has a very good reversing light. There are many led bulbs for tge job, maybe from Osram?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts