Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Live local to coventry and warwick and have had 3 Xtrails, have had all 3 cars serviced by main dealer as warrantee still stands, how ever wont be using main dealer again as car went in last week for 2nd service this should have fuel filter changed, and brake fluid changed cost £345 on getting car home checked all items as work in trade and guess what non of the said work had been done !. Two main dealers used and two that i would not go back too, so make sure you know what you are getting for your hard earned cash.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hello,
Your correct that the Fuel Filter and Brakefluid and Pollen Filter are due at 25k or 2 years on the M service plan but it is classed as an additional operation i.e extra cost!
Sounds like poor reception knowledge to me!!
Regards,
Egg

·
Registered
40 Posts
xacre said:
What are "additional operations"?

If they need done they should be part of the service.

Xacre
The main problem is things like above that are 2 years or 25k can fall out of syn with the 3 service plans

They'de be at M2, M1, M3 and so on. Why the hell they didn't just do them on an M2 I don't know,
Navara's are on an R1 or 2 plan every 18k or 2 years, where B/Fluid and Fuel filters are done every service and Coolant and axle oil every R2 at 36k or 4 years, alot easier but £350 or £450 ago!! :shock:

Egg

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lets put it this way the car was not serviced, or the oil changed or filter, think i would call it being ripped off, wonder how many other people have had same treatment ? and as for trading standards they were as much help as a choclolate fire guard ! so be on your guard and mark items with a ultra voilet pen befor it goes for service and make sure what you are paying for! i know as i work in motor trade.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My tip would be to always agree what service you are having and the price in writing, i always email the dealers and get quotes etc, they usually tell you then if anything else needs do-for example i have a P1 service done and have been told i need a coolant change, have been given a price and confirmed it. When i book i shall confirm again and confirm when i drop the car off. I instruct them that all other work they find must be agreed on before being completed, and when i pick the car up i check the vehicle and check the signed service sheet before paying, if its not what i agreed, i won't pay and i have proof of that on paper.

Maybe it sounds comment sense, maybe i sound mad, but its worked so far, the one time i didn't do this was when my mum picked the car up when i was recovering from an operation, telling her to only pay what was agreed and they charged her £20+ for replacing an internal light bulb which she didn't quibble with, needless to say they got a angry phone call and i was given the money back in fuel from the connected garage(sure it cost them less, but i knew i wouldn't get anything else on this occasion)

If you car has any finance due to be repayed on it still by yourself, trading standards can be very helpful!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just brought a 2011 X Trail Tekna 173 from a main dealer in Worcestershire. The customer service has been dreadful and the general manager is now offering us either 50% off a service on a free Platinum paint protection treatment £299 exterior and interior. We would be grateful for your views.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts