Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started to notice that when driving my 2.2 dci Aventura (55 plate), it slightly judders in 4th gear approx 40 mph at 2400 revs. Strangely it also does it at the same point on the road just coming off a roundabout every time at the same speed, revs etc. My driving style is regular so this may explain it happening each time at the roundabout, but can anyone explain the juddering. It's not massive but noticeable.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At long last actually done something about this. Nissan want to take the car back in and re-map the engine, as this is a reported fault. Nissan have not issued a recall but will sort out the issue if anyone raises it. All service depts. have been issued with a technical bulletin to state this. Problem is related to Euro 4 emissions. :(

Anyone else suffering with the same problem?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now have an update. Vehicle went into my local Nissan dealer and the engine was re-mapped. Collected the X Trail last night and now drives like a different vehicle. No juddering and I even think it is quieter on start up. I have been advised that I should also see a better return in the fuel economy too which is a bonus, as I thought it was not delivering a good mpg before. I will keep my eye on the mpg over the next couple of weeks. They also re-tightend the hand brake (common issue) and replaced a lost grommet for the rear door rubber seal (again a common problem). And the good news.... it was all under warranty.

·
Registered
93 Posts
spm1801 said:
They also re-tightend the hand brake
My X Trail has never been in a garage and come out without a tighter handbrake. They don't even bother telling me now, they just do it! I swear I will get to the bottom of the handbrake issue one day soon... :x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts