Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As an owner of the MK2 I have the dealer fit "privacy glass"
This is only fitted to the rear two side windows and not the rear heated screen.
Has anyone got privacy glass fitted in this rear window and if so was it , done as an extra
and at what cost?

Graham.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have factory option privacy glass rear window is tinted.

I have had retro fitted tints done and always the rear window has been done.

G

·
Got the same and would agree that just doing just the rear side windows is daffy. I see your avatar is a sam so have you got dogs like me? Was wondering if anyone knew how the film stood up to wet noses and the occasional bit of clawing?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I've got the optional sun screens as well as privicy glass. This includes two panels that cover the rear screen and would seem to give the best of both worlds as I can remove them if I wish to.

I seem to remember some folks saying they successfully managed to get the dealer to tint the rear because the brochure listed it as part of the spec. I thought they had some smallprint to get out of such situations...

G

·
I'd like to have the rear window tinted to stop folk seeing in the back when loaded. Has anyone tried a DIY with succesfull results

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all

was there a factory option for rear Privacy glass on the tailgate.and was this as dark or similar to rear side windows the reason want to know is rear window smashed ,glass supplier only has green tint and and the privacy glass is a dealer supply cant even think if mine was really dark or just green tint and if the dealer supply privacy glass is really going to be much darker than glass suppliers

new so thanks in advance

G

·
My 13 year old son has been reading this over my shoulder and just told me to use black bin bags :roll: :mrgreen:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts