Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Little problem has developed with my 2005 X trail 2.2dci.
Pressing the accelerator hard whilst driving causes the engine to halt the acceleration around 3000-4000 rpm
The engine seems to hunt and won't accelerate any faster.
Doesn't have a problem when not accelerating hard or running the engine up to the limit in neutral.
I assume it's not water in the fuel filter as there's no issue to the rpm in neutral.
Could this be the boost sensor or something worse?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had exactly the same symptoms on my 06 Columbia, hard acceleration caused bad hesitation, almost like a misfire, fine under normal driving/acceleration, a newfuel filter cured it completely, even though mine wasn't due a filter change yet, seems to be common on X-Trail's. :biggrin:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
As I had an air filter I thought I would start by changing that.
The old one didn't look to bad...However
It's done the trick. Accelerates straight up to 5000 rpm with no hesitation.
Will change the other filters as soon as it warms up a bit.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,
My 05 dci is showing the same symptoms when i disconnect the boost sensor the problem disappears so i replaced the boost sensor for a new one changed both fuel and air filters.... no change but if I disconnect the boost sensor the symptom disappears :headbang:

Anyone any thoughts would be appreaciated.

Mike.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Had the same with our 05 SVE, changed the fuel filter, also cleaned the EGR valve and fitted a new air filter.
Parts obtained from Euro car parts, air filter £8, fuel filter £6. About 1 hour to do the work.
Problem cured...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.