Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum and was looking for a bit of advice. I have an 06 X-trail 2.2dci, 38k on the clock. Its had a new turbo and intercooler under warranty approx 1 year ago. Everything has been fine until today. I noticed under acceleration it hesitated. It then got worse and the ESP light came on (the conditions were fine and it was not loosing traction). The light stayed on for approximately 2 minutes whilst travelling at 50mph and the car would not accelerate. This was resolved by stopping and turning the car on/off.

Since then it has hesitated a few times but it got to a point where the esp light and the engine light came on. Left the car for 5 mins and it ran ok, still occasionally hesitant.

Any ideas?, could be as simple as the fuel filter???

Thanks for any Advice.

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
Hi Simoted, Welcome to the forum.
The symptoms your experiencing are to do with the braking system and you really need to get it on a diagnoses test. Have you been doing anything around the wheels and knocked one the sensors?

This is from the service manual and in the first paragraph it says that it can effect engine power too.

ESP
 In addition to the TCS/ABS function, the driver steering amount and brake operation amount are detected
from the steering angle sensor and pressure snesor, and the vehicle's driving status (amount of understeering
/ oversteering) is determined from information from the yaw rate/side G sensor, wheel sensor,
etc., and this information is used to improve vehicle stability by controlling the braking and engine power
to all four wheels.
 The SLIP indicator lamp flashes to inform the driver of ESP operation.
 During ESP operation, the body and brake pedal lightly vibrate and mechanical noise may be heard. This
is normal.
 The ABS warning lamp, ESP OFF indicator lamp and SLIP indicator lamp might turn on when the vehicle
is subject to strong shaking or large vibration, such as when the vehicle is on a turn table or a ship while
the engine is running. In this case, restart the engine on a normal road, and if the ABS warning lamp, ESP
OFF indicator lamp and SLIP indicator lamp turn off, there is no problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks very much for the reply. I've had the car checked on a diagnostic unit as the fault is occuring more frequently now. Its is happening at 3000rpm. The diagnostic unit has said that it is a fault with the crankshaft sensor. I've ordered one from a nissan dealer (£26) so will see what happens when that is fitted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.