Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - I just joined the forum today to get some advice on buying an X-Trail. My last 2 Off roaders have been Discoveries and although I really really like them they are just too high to get me mother into (She is 84 bless her).

Can anyone offer advice on which would be the best modfel for me. I will be trading in an 02 Plate Landrover Discovery GS7 Auto and fancy another auto but it is not crucial. I am not sure if the latest 2.0 litre diesels are more reliable than the older 2.2 Litre diesels..Any comments. I see that there are T30 & T31. Is the T31 the model where they moved the speedometer from the centre to behind the steering wheel? Have all the reliability issues been sorted with the new model or are there still known problems, I must admit I am very surprised that Nissan has so many problems.

Also what should I be paying for an X-Trail. There seem to be quite a few New/Pre reg cards out the for around £15-16k or alot of older 06 for around £10k. Any recomendations greatly appreciated.

many thanks in advance

Andy

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Andy

I think you've nailed the obvious difference between the T30 & T31

Reliability wise I reckon it's a bit early to tell with the new diesel and I think it's only the petrol model that's available in T30 "Auto" guise (they are a lot cheaper too, although not totally without problems)

At the end of the day it's all about how much you're prepared to spend and what mileage/condition you look for. One or two people appear to have been caught buying diesels that almost immediately need a new fuel pump (very pricey)

My T30 2.2 dci was very good, never let me down, had a new intercooler during warranty but that's all (49,500 miles).

My current T31 2.0 diesel is only 12 months old and again, no problem (12,600 miles)

Xacre

·
Registered
186 Posts
HI ANDY

much the same as everyone else. my 1st xtrail was a 2.2dci 2005 loved the way it pulled had intercooler go at just 15000 mls the front discs had to be replaced at 7000 mls

would be very wary of a T30 2.2dci older than 2007 got 2 friends thay both got 2007 models.

there is a problem with the turbo/ intercooler on the T30's so one with no nissan full warranty is a no,no.

sold the dci and have now got a 2.5 columbia 2006 had it converted to lpg wanted an auto but got a manual got a caravan to tow..does not pull as good as a dci but allways got a smile on my face when i drive it.

if its a T30 auto you want the its got to be a 2.5 becauase the dci was not sold with an auto box.

the T31 does come with one love the xtrail but the T31 just does not look rite wheels are tooooooooo small.

hope this helps..mark

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks giys, it seems that the newer models are the ones to go for. As I mention there are some pre-ref new ones around for about £15-16k at the dealers so I may go in and see what I will get for my Discovery. I'm expecting a big hit which is a shame as I love it :bigcry:

Have Fun

Andy

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey Andy,

thought I recognised the story about your Disco and your mum...

Hope the GS is well mate and good luck with the X trail hunting : )

Nate

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NateUK said:
Hey Andy,

thought I recognised the story about your Disco and your mum...

Hope the GS is well mate and good luck with the X trail hunting : )

Nate
My oh my it is a small world :smile: I met Richie on the Disco forum about 2 years ago as well :gathering:

I trust your X-Trail is still running like a swiss watch ;-)

Andy

·
Registered
13 Posts
all tickety boo here... even had to engage 4wd drive mode in anger the other day when I got stuck in one of my fields : )

It needs a ****** good clean as its covered in mud, but it all does exactly what it says on the tin.

Good luck in the hunt : )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts