Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have had a new kee fob fitted and i am trying to re set fob i switch the ignition on and off 6 times take the kee out of the ignition press the unlock button and hold while i press the lock button 3 times there is no flashing of the indicators could a fuse hve blown and can anyone tell me which one it is regards briclem

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had tried several ways of programming it myself (eg. lock myself in the car and tie my left leg round my right ear whilst turning the ignition key several times within 3 seconds etc, etc...) :lol: but with no joy.

I had to go to the main dealer (every key cutter i went to told me the same thing). They charged me £38 including vat to re-program my new (well 2nd hand from ebay) key fob and were very helpful.

Kevin

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just wanted to post up a big Thank You to those knowledgable forum members who put the instructions onto the site for re-programming the key fob. After 18 months of having only one working key I took the plunge this am and it worked (eventually!) So now I have a spare! It may help anyone struggling to get this to work if I point out where I struggled...once you have turned the ignition on and off rapidly 6x, and the hazards have flashed to say you have entered programming mode, you REMOVE the key before holding down lock and pressing unlock 3x. I'd been trying to do this with key in ignition - not easy!

Thanks again for a great forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.