Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I bought my X-trail (04reg, 2.0 petrol, Sport) in April this year. Today I checked my car's MOT history and by the latest one I fount this note:
Nearside Rear Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.3)
Offside Rear Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.3).

There's nothing on my paper MOT certificate, but I think it may be worth to deal with it.

I wonder how much I will have to pay for that (parts and labour)? What to expect?

Many thanks for any ideas and answers :smile:

·
Registered
706 Posts
paolomario said:
Hi,
I bought my X-trail (04reg, 2.0 petrol, Sport) in April this year. Today I checked my car's MOT history and by the latest one I fount this note:
Nearside Rear Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.3)
Offside Rear Anti-roll bar linkage has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.3).

There's nothing on my paper MOT certificate, but I think it may be worth to deal with it.

I wonder how much I will have to pay for that (parts and labour)? What to expect?

Many thanks for any ideas and answers :smile:
Better check to see if they have been changed before you do anything

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi daveyboy, I had my rear anti roll bar bushes and a noisy n/s.f track rod end replaced from a precautionery point of view at 71,000 miles as I use some unmade tracks every day for dog walks and the costs weren't too offputting. Track rod end £28.51, stabiliser bushes - 2 at £7.33 each total cost including labour at £45 amounted to £101.40. Hopes this puts your mind at rest. :thumbs:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Streetbike said:
Hi daveyboy, I had my rear anti roll bar bushes and a noisy n/s.f track rod end replaced from a precautionery point of view at 71,000 miles as I use some unmade tracks every day for dog walks and the costs weren't too offputting. Track rod end £28.51, stabiliser bushes - 2 at £7.33 each total cost including labour at £45 amounted to £101.40. Hopes this puts your mind at rest. :thumbs:
Many thanks for Your answers, guys.
I don't think they've been changed. More, over last few days I could hear squeaking noise coming from the back of my car. Called my friend today (who's much more familiar with cars than me :confused: ;-) ) and he confirmed my suppositions. Anyway tomorrow I'm going to check.
Luckily, it looks like it's not gonna cost me a fortune. :biggrin:
Thanks again :biggrin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.