Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My X-Trail has destroyed a set of brake pads at the rear in just 2 months since they were replaced at the MOT. I know that the calliper is probably on way out. I have fully extended the piston a few times, cleaned and greased. It seems to go in and out well enough now so I will redo discs and pads at weekend.

When I had the pads off at weekend I noted that the shim kit was missing and that the stainless steel guides were badly corroded. I went to a dealer today for part Number 44080K (HARDWARE KIT-REAR DISC) and I was quoted £50 inc vat for the bits :bigcry: I have seen these in the USA online for $20(but they don't ship here!) which I would consider to be a more realistic price. Does anyone know where I can get this kit cheaper?

The lower pin slide(part 44139/44139A) were also a bit tough to get out and one had a bit of thread damage. Does this have to be free to help callipers function correctly? Is it worth replacing these as well?

thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hanks,
Do you know anywhere that sells them other than the dealer?

Also the bit about the pin slides...does anyone know if this will affect the operation of the calliper?

cheers

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
flood said:
hanks,
Do you know anywhere that sells them other than the dealer?

Also the bit about the pin slides...does anyone know if this will affect the operation of the calliper?

cheers
flood, just clean them up and use a thread die to clean the thread up and it should be OK then, you'll need a metric Tap & Die set and you can get them cheap enough on ebay and would be a good addition to your tool kit. Also get a can of brake clean and spray the internal thread on the torque member and when you reassemble the sliding pin bolts only use the Castrol red grease. :thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.