Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you all.

Yesterday I ordered a Electro-magnetig field rear parking warning system. (What kinda word is that??!)
I'll explain. It works with a antenna instead of the well known buttons in the bumper. Drilling, fitting (Or not...) this in a bumper: I do not like it, specially the looks of it. More: it reacts also on wood, plastic, human beings ets.
The electro-magnetic antenna, you put it on the inside of the rear bumper. My question (Beause I never got this thing off before...) is: how to remove it? Are there tips and tricks to do so? But a blanket under it to prevent from scratsing: okay, I understand. But: how many screws; are there hidden screws, bolts, etc. Can I get it of by myself or do I need four hands? I'm a handy-man, so I can do many things myself. Maybe you can help me with this one. The car is a T-30 X Trail with towhook, 2006, standard model, 2 wheel drive.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Wimbo - hope you had a good holiday? This reversing aid you're going to fit - the antena electomagnetic titanium tipped heat seeking nuclear warhead type - how does that work and what are the benefits over conventional type? I've had reversing aids on my last 3 cars (bumper buttons!) and they detected everything or is that what you are saying - you only want to detect something in particular? Sorry if I am sounding stupid here but fascinated to know the benefits/features.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vandy said:
Hi Wimbo - hope you had a good holiday? This reversing aid you're going to fit - the antena electomagnetic titanium tipped heat seeking nuclear warhead type - how does that work and what are the benefits over conventional type? I've had reversing aids on my last 3 cars (bumper buttons!) and they detected everything or is that what you are saying - you only want to detect something in particular? Sorry if I am sounding stupid here but fascinated to know the benefits/features.
Hello Vandy.
I had my holidys not yet. We'll go the last two-and-a-half weeks of august- and the first week-and-a-half of september. So it's yet to come. And you? Back or have it still in advance?
But the super back drive warning system (EPS) I saw it for the first time when I was searching for a system to prevent me from damage, when driving backwards. There are so many types and models. But I saw the electric magnetic system with the antenna and I thought about the benefits instead if the system with "buttons." You do not have to drill holes in the bumper (+) It's easy to fit (+) with self adhesive tape on the back of the antenna. You stick it on the inside of the bumper, put one wire through the back of the car (besides an excisting wire or drill a little hole) find a place for the warning speaker (3cm Ø) then put a little box (electronics and adjuster) on a invisible place, put one wire to the back drive light: e voilá: done. The only thing yet to be done is, adjust the little black box (Distance control) with a knob. It detects from 80 cm till 1cm in three beeps: slow (80 --> 50) faster (50 --> 25) and coninue (25 --> 1 cm) Is also available with an LCD display: cost you 50 € extra. No need for that; I have BIG ears.... :lol:
Other benefits: Only 3 parts. No problem with the tow hook. Less wires (Only one) from the antenna to the inside of the booth. It has no detection gaps; it detects over the whole width of te car ánd around the bumper corners (Antenna 250 cm long!!)
But the main reason is the looks. You cannot see it. No drilling for me please. So, if it works (saturday antanna day!!) I'm happy. Keep you posted!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Wimbo. Sorry - I thought you had had your holiday - I may be having a holiday later on in the year but not sure.
The back up system looks very good and I like the fact that there is nothing visible. Look forward to seeing the finished result - but we won't be able to see it thought will we ? :lol:

Let us know when you've fitted it.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vandy said:
Hi Wimbo. Sorry - I thought you had had your holiday - I may be having a holiday later on in the year but not sure.
The back up system looks very good and I like the fact that there is nothing visible. Look forward to seeing the finished result - but we won't be able to see it thought will we ? :lol:

Let us know when you've fitted it.
I'll try to make a fotoshoot during it, okay?

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Vandy said:
Hi Wimbo

Found this on the web - think it must be similar to what you are going to fit. Looks really good - interested to see how you get on fitting it and what you think of it.

http://www.parkingdynamics.co.uk/Vehicle-Sensors/Nissan/Nissan-Parking-Sensor-Parking-Dynamics-PD1

All the best.
Hi Vendy (By the way: is this your real name?)
This is simular to what I bought. Funny they call it NIssan parking sysytem. Mine is Quintezz. It's already fit for the most parts (Yesterday) and I made a fotoshoot and discribing of how and what I did. Saturday I gonna fit the antenna and hope to post all about it. Till then.
Regards, Wimbo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.