Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experienced the rear lights failing as well as the dash lights. It is going in for a service next week so will hopefully sort it under waranty. I initially thought fuse blown but cannot find the relevant one.
Any ideas would be helpful, cant drive at night at the moment, got stopped last night....
Cheers
Mark

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It could be. I have done the auto electric test where the lights,wipers,heater all come on in a cycle. Everything seems to work except the rear lights.
Going in for its 1st service on Monday, will get them to check this under the warranty.
By the way, £215 for service at Nissan, does that sound right?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
markymark said:
£215 for service at Nissan, does that sound right?
I think so.

I actually went for the Service Plan and pay monthly.

We agreed a number of services based on estimated mileage over 3 years and I pay monthly.

The great advantage is was that it locked all the services in at 2009 prices and 15% VAT and the monthly payment means no surprises.

So, I'm quids in, especially when VAT rises to 20% next year. :thumbs:

The wife did the same thing with her Pixo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Haven't found what is causing it yet, but have found the fuse that keeps blowing. It is the tail lamp 10 amp fuse which is located under the bonnet underneath the filter tube. You have to remove the black tube to access the fuses.
The problem is that it can last for a number of days and will then just go without warning.
Nissan cannot find what is causing it but have asked me to get the tow bar wiring checked to make sure this is not the problem as they did not fit this.
Could take a while for this to be rectified as it doesn't blow straight away and cant find a common denominator that causes it.
Any ideas anyone.
Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
210 Posts
the same fuse went in mines lucky i only had to replace it once, I would disconnect the tow bar wiring and put terminals so that you can easily connect and disconnect for a possible new xtrail... anyway leave the towbar electrics disconnected untill or if it happens again. btw it was my fault my fuse went and its odd that the internal dash lights are on the same fuse as the tail lights. anyway good luck!

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
hglennie said:
the same fuse went in mines lucky i only had to replace it once, I would disconnect the tow bar wiring and put terminals so that you can easily connect and disconnect for a possible new xtrail... anyway leave the towbar electrics disconnected untill or if it happens again. btw it was my fault my fuse went and its odd that the internal dash lights are on the same fuse as the tail lights. anyway good luck!
It can't be the same fuse, as you've got a T30 model and this is in the T31 section.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Have found the problem. Took it to the place that fitted the towbar electrics. Quick check underneath and found that the cable had not been properly tied back and had fallen against the exhaust melting the sheath.
Lots of apologies from staff and booked in to be re done on Wednesday.
Thanks for everyones advice. I was quite pleased it was something as simple as that. I was expecting a long diagnostic check to find the problem. Suprised Nissan didn't find it!
Mark

·
Administrator
2,758 Posts
markymark said:
Have found the problem. Took it to the place that fitted the towbar electrics. Quick check underneath and found that the cable had not been properly tied back and had fallen against the exhaust melting the sheath.
Lots of apologies from staff and booked in to be re done on Wednesday.
Thanks for everyones advice. I was quite pleased it was something as simple as that. I was expecting a long diagnostic check to find the problem. Suprised Nissan didn't find it!
Mark
Good news :thumbs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.