Nissan X-Trail Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I don`t know about you guys but I`m not very impressed with the paintwork on the Exxy. I`ve got a 58 plate and the slightest touch and it seems to mark or scratch. Would anybody have any ideas as to the best way to hide / clear these ?

Many thanks, Paul

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Hi Paul. Paintwork not a strong point on the XTrail. I had a few bramble scratches along the side (always giving way to tractors!) and used some TCut. Terrified to use it so tried a test patch (on my wifes RAV4, obviously) and all OK. Managed to get rid of pretty much all the scratches but be gentle - light rub only, in fact so light imagine it's a moths wing your're rubbing :biggrin:

Buff up with a bit of car polish just to blend in - worked on mine OK.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
There is a BIG difference in waxing - and cleaning paint! Cleaning means: rub of some of the paint. Waxing: put a bit of wax on the paint.
On mine was a little scratch (black paint) and a bird sh.t-spot (You know what I mean). In this sh.t is ammonium. That makes a nice (not!) spot on your paint. To be short: It want come off. I used: fine cleaning. After that, copper brass polish. The finest polish there is. Better, but.... right. Paint is very weak I think... For deeper scratches you can use colored wax. It comes in red, white, black, blue, etc. It wont go away, but you do not see it anymore.
To keep the cars clean, I wash it, than I clean it with Plastico (Belgian product, which is great stuff!! Flies and black teer-spots will come of immediately for instance) Afterwards I use A-1 Hardglans (Translation: Hard-shiner) It will last for more tah 6 months. I use this stuf for over 20 years now on several cars. U can use it also in the sun, and that's a big plus.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.